fix gone bad need help

kotyr250

Reaction score
went to change injector 1 in truck. in the process of changing had vapor lock fixed that and now i was putting on a valve cover gasket. wires are matched right double checked. i need some ideas on what to check. fuel pump is pumping fuel. change glows plugs also. the enigne will turn over but will never crank up

kotyr250

Reaction score
finally got the oil pressure to build up but truck still sounds like it has a lope tune gonna replace cam shaft sensor

hwrdbd

Reaction score
How much have you driven it since you replaced the injector? It can take a while to get the air bled out of the hp oil system. Are you sure you got the connector for that injector plugged in?

Tonka350

Reaction score
before you go replacing parts, just take the truck for a drive, mine did the same thing when I replaced my injectors and glow plugs....it will take some time to bleed the air out....

Chad

kotyr250

Reaction score
ok but the problum is it was loping before i tore anything down. it stopped for a day or 2 and now has started up again. i ran my truck on the IDS syetem and showed cylinder 8 cylinder 1 is going out. i replace injector 1 last week. if im right injector 8 can throw and injector 1 code if it is messing up. what is getting me i ran a buzz test and injector 8 sounded the strongest. but about to check the fuel pressure and engine pressure after dinner.

broncof250444

Reaction score
Buzz test doesn't mean the injector is good just means the coil is working. The mechanical part could be faulty but what you need is a break out box to test injectors correctly. Also need to be watching icp during this since you have a lope concern.

kotyr250

Reaction score
i did its running at 450 and jumps up to 500 every now and then and i dont think we have a breaker box to test it with

Latest posts

Members online