Fresh build..low boost

6ho

Reaction score
Just recently redid the head gaskets, new oil cooler, 190/75s, ported intake, s366 with Maryland t4 kit, colt stage 2 cam in my 6.0. Runs pretty good but is only making 28lbs of boost no matter what rpm, load, speed.. Monitoring it with a Edge cts2.. any help or advice would be appreciated!! Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
You are maxing out the factory map sensor. You need an analog Guage to tell you what's really going on...

Zmann

Reaction score
My 06 and my Edge CTS can read over 30psi using the OEM MAP

were you reading higher boost before the rebuild

Last edited:

ghohouston

Reaction score
Check your map sensor hose for holes/tears, and clogging up with crap, and poke a wire or something through the nipple on the intake manifold where the map hose connects. Easy stuff to check first. Another thing is to check all pre turbo exhaust connections to make sure they're all connected and leaking exhaust.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
33psi is the highest we see with the map, id put a gauge on the truck, but if the truck feels low on power, id be checking for leaks.

valvetick

Reaction score
I've seen some tunes read 28 and others read 33 from my truck using the edge reading the factory sensor. Truck makes more but the sensor maxes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6ho

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'll check it asap and report back. What kind of boost numbers should I see with this setup?

shmoozer

Reaction score
Off topic, but how did you like the mpd kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
My 362 will max my map out at 34/35# but im not making that much till od/locked. Im at fairly high elevation on stock injectors

6ho

Reaction score
Shmoozer the MPD kit is awesome! The fit and quality are top notch!!!!

6ho

Reaction score
Little update on this.. The Cts2 and stock factory sensor will only read to 28lbs. I had a few small boost leaks and got them fixed, its making over 45lbs of boost now. My problem now is that I'm getting REALLY HIGH gets.. like 1800+ on wot runs to 80-90mph..Ive tried tunes from Vivian and tunes from Gear head..It is a rocket for a truck with 10 inches of lift and 38s

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online