From an 8 to a 12

BIG JIM

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there to see if there will be any hope of getting around all that tree hugger :biggun: crap that we have to live with. Ok was thinking of trading from my 08 250 to a 12 250. What gets me is putting in all that urea stuff. How long before someone comes up with a bypass for it?? I have herd that the new motors has a lot more power, but its a lot of money for a little extra power. I love my truck and will be hard to give it up. Don't know yet what i will do. Guess i am just rambing on. Thanks all :ford: person forever Jim

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there to see if there will be any hope of getting around all that tree hugger :biggun: crap that we have to live with. Ok was thinking of trading from my 08 250 to a 12 250. What gets me is putting in all that urea stuff. How long before someone comes up with a bypass for it?? I have herd that the new motors has a lot more power, but its a lot of money for a little extra power. I love my truck and will be hard to give it up. Don't know yet what i will do. Guess i am just rambing on. Thanks all :ford: person forever Jim

there is a delete for it out...just a new exhaust and a tuner, its gone

BIG JIM

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ok there is a way around the tree huggers cool that might make it a new ball game when i go looking next month thks :ford: Jim

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
Urea doesn't cost you any power, doesn't add to fuel consumption, and it's not that expensive. Why screw with it?

Mdub707

Reaction score
It's a PITA to add it? How did you come to that conclusion? Sure it's an extra step, but I wouldn't call it a PITA. You don't have to do it very often, and you can buy the stuff almost anywhere. I see it at the local fuel stations now.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
If you don't put that urea crap in and it runs out I am pretty sure it goes into limp mode and you can't go over 25mph or so until you refill the urea tank. So PITA? I say so. Just one more step and more $$$$ to spend to make the ***'n tree huggers happy.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
If you don't put that diesel in and it runs out I am pretty sure it goes into dead mode and you can't even limp it somewhere to get more! What a PITA!

Gearhead

Reaction score
It (urea refill) just needs to be factored in for the oil change interval price. The urea gave us injection timing which gave us good mileage compared to a stock 6.4. Not a bad trade if you ask me.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
It's a PITA to add it? How did you come to that conclusion? Sure it's an extra step, but I wouldn't call it a PITA. You don't have to do it very often, and you can buy the stuff almost anywhere. I see it at the local fuel stations now.

See below

If you don't put that urea crap in and it runs out I am pretty sure it goes into limp mode and you can't go over 25mph or so until you refill the urea tank. So PITA? I say so. Just one more step and more $$$$ to spend to make the ***'n tree huggers happy.

If you don't put that diesel in and it runs out I am pretty sure it goes into dead mode and you can't even limp it somewhere to get more! What a PITA!

Latest posts

Members online