Front end conversion

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Hi guys looking to update the front end on my 01 since a deer thought he'd try and become a new hood ornament. Luckily he just got the bumper, so I was thinking of just doing a 05-07 bumper and grill. I have the 02-04 style head lights already and have tried searching for an answer on weather or not I can do just the bumper and grill. Some say yes some say no I need to do the 05-07 lights and header panel as well. So what's the correct answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have seen guys put 05+ lights in there 99-04 trucks so I don't see why you couldn't do it the other way around.

I will be putting together the front end of an 05 truck this week hopefully and I can check and see if my 03 lights will fit.

Strokersace

Reaction score
The bumper bolts on perfectly and exactly like the earlier SD's. The top of the 05+ grill mounts the exact same. The bottom clips of the grill won't pop into the older header panel but you can easily secure it with zip ties/wire/ etc and nobody would be able to tell from the front. The securing mechanism will be on the backside of the grill, not the chrome, and not be visible. It's easy cheesy.

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
So I got my new bumper home, apparently the brackets are different. Anyone sell a complete bracket kit?

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
How are they different? When I did the conversion on my old 02, it was a direct swap.

The outer brackets are all different. Took a look at my brothers 05, should have taken some pictures to show. I'm not sure about the main brackets, by the tow hooks, those might be the same but it's hard to tell without taking the bumper off.

jngreen

Reaction score
The outer brackets are all different. Took a look at my brothers 05, should have taken some pictures to show. I'm not sure about the main brackets, by the tow hooks, those might be the same but it's hard to tell without taking the bumper off.

I think some just use the four bolts by the tow hooks, and take the outer bumper supports completely off, or modify them to make them work.

Latest posts

Members online