Front end parts

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Took the truck in to get looked at. Doing lots of highway road trips coming up. Here is what it needs.

Front/Rear Brake pads
Rh/Lh tie rod ends
Rh/Lh lower ball joints
Track bar ball joint.

All is stock now, would like to go with aftermarket that I can grease. Any suggestions?

carcare

Reaction score
Use moog front end parts. They come w fittings and r used as premium down here. Raybestos premium parts are good as well. Ford and some aftermarket cheapies are not sold w fittings

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Use moog front end parts. They come w fittings and r used as premium down here. Raybestos premium parts are good as well. Ford and some aftermarket cheapies are not sold w fittings
Okay. I was going to use moog, but was seeing if anyone had another suggestion.

What about track bar, carli, icon, pmf, stock??

carcare

Reaction score
I used an adjustable trac bar from bd and it is nice and u can adjust it. However, if I was to to again I would either want a drop bracket and then adj bar (if I needed more adjustment ) or the ready lift setup which is expensive. My reasoning is you always want to keep steering geometry as level as possible as u go up. It seems the joint in the front end that the bar attaches to on passenger side gives problems w steering wheel being off depending how joint binds. If it were level it would not be as big an issue. The ready lift one gets rid of the ball joint completely which takes that out of the equation. Regardless it is always still best to keep as close to stock as possible. The engineers at ford have spent plenty of time making those angles work best w this setup. It's just the way it is. With all this being said buy the better one or use drop bracket (any brand) and adjustable bar if u r psycho about it being perfect. I have not used the ready lift but in theory it makes most sense and I kinda wish I would of spent the extra money but live and learn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carcare

Reaction score
A stock trac bar. I would give u mine. 3,000 miles on it. I'm in pbc fl. If ur stock I would definitely get a great deal on a used one or just get the bg then. Most front ends are a little off from factory anyway. Plus the bg is twice as thick which translates into less deflection and tighter truck. They have a poly bushing on truck side too. U need to tighten the piss out of big trac bar bolt on ds though if u get it. Sum thin like 250 ft lb. or it will creak and make noise. I do. It believe u can get bushings for stock trac bar seperator but the joint is in the front end and that is completely seperate. If that's bad just get a joint and pound it out and press new one in. Ther is a tool called ball joint press. OTC makes them. U will need that or u will beat the hell out of joint getting it in

carcare

Reaction score
Moog makes trac bar joint. No need to change bar for that. Sorry didn't read that in ur original post. I'm working and goin too fast. Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.