fuel guage stuckon full

83f350

Reaction score
Im having a problem with my fuel gauge, I was driving a couple days ago and all of a sudden my fuel gauge jumped up to full. What could cause this?

Arisley

Reaction score
The float could be stuck. Beat on the tank with a baseball bat or a hunk of 2X4. That might free it up. If that don't work, pull out the multimeter.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
what andy said too... my rclb truck was stuck like that for two years before i bought it... everyone said odds are float is stuck.. sure as **** the float was stuck up in next to tge very top of the tank... when i dropped the tank and popped tge ring off tge float popped out the top.

live life full throttle

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Pull the plug and clean it, then dieelectric grease.

If that doesnt help, drop the tank and check the sending unit. Most times its the float stuck to the top of the tank, but in your case I suspect a bad unit.

Charles

Reaction score
It's been so long since I've dropped my tank, and the 550 is totally different, I have forgotten how the float and arm are oriented.

Does anyone have a picture of the bulkhead removed so a person would know where to rap on the tank to attempt and dislodge a stuck float? Mine's read full for over a year.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
It's been so long since I've dropped my tank, and the 550 is totally different, I have forgotten how the float and arm are oriented.

Does anyone have a picture of the bulkhead removed so a person would know where to rap on the tank to attempt and dislodge a stuck float? Mine's read full for over a year.

No picure but the only place they get stuck is inside the access to the tank. they just jump up there where the collar is.

FILDO

Reaction score
That happens to my truck also. I just run some Diesel Kleen fuel additive and it has always gone away. To be honest with you, I'm
not positive if the additive is helping or not. I guess it could be an intermittent problem that just goes away after time.

Latest posts

Members online