Fuel in oil ???

stroken

Reaction score
Hey guys. I know I haven't been on in awhile but ran into an issue in not positive on. I'm mixing fuel into my oil. Trucks is obviously deleted. Single turbo, 100% nozzles, dual dueler ect. I have ran truck with valve covers off and couldn't see anything. I've since pulled the turbo and hpfp out and air checked fuel rails with blow gun. Still nothing. I'm really leaning towards hpfp but that's a chunk of change to be wrong. Anyone have any ideas?? Going on two weeks now fighting this problem.

webb06

Reaction score
If you have access to ids you could've ran a high pressure side test up to 24k psi with the valve covers off then maybe tithe re would be signs of a leak. But now that the turbo is off that would be a little tougher.

Is that the original pump? Or a reman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stroken

Reaction score
An injector itself would cause this?

And it's original pump. 125k on it. Has help from cp3 since 105k

stroken

Reaction score
Not really. Last time they were off is when I had the injectors tested about a year ago. 5-10k miles ago. It's leaking enough the crank case fills up in about 3-400 miles

Jonnydime

Reaction score
If you have access to ids you could've ran a high pressure side test up to 24k psi with the valve covers off then maybe tithe re would be signs of a leak. But now that the turbo is off that would be a little tougher.

Is that the original pump? Or a reman?

Could you write a tune on mcc to command 24k psi at idle?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Could you write a tune on mcc to command 24k psi at idle?
I'm sure you could, but I'm not sure if it would actually reach near that pressure or if it would be hard on the pump. I made tunes that idle at 7k and they work fine.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
If you gave IDS or autoenginuity you can command max psi at idle.

But at 11,000 my trucks start to lope so IDK what IDS does to maintain 24K at idle while doing the high pressure fuel system test.

webb06

Reaction score
If you gave IDS or autoenginuity you can command max psi at idle.

But at 11,000 my trucks start to lope so IDK what IDS does to maintain 24K at idle while doing the high pressure fuel system test.

At 24k psi on ids it raises engine rpm to around 1500

stroken

Reaction score
Well took my verus and raised frp to 25,xxx. Can't see any dye or anything pissing under valve covers. Little dye on back of hpfp in a little Allen head bolt under the gear. Is that where it leaks?

webb06

Reaction score
Well took my verus and raised frp to 25,xxx. Can't see any dye or anything pissing under valve covers. Little dye on back of hpfp in a little Allen head bolt under the gear. Is that where it leaks?

If you can see it the id say you found the winner. I have no experience with a leaking internal hpfp though. My belt driven pump leaked out the front seal when I had it on.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Rare but yes that's where I have been told the pumps leak from...

Guys please be super careful running these with valve covers off, that pressure is no joke

webb06

Reaction score
Rare but yes that's where I have been told the pumps leak from...

Guys please be super careful running these with valve covers off, that pressure is no joke

No doubt. Don't be getting any fingers close to anything under there. Stay back and watch with a light. High pressures like that can kill if it enters the bloodstream....

stroker221

Reaction score
Ya I know a guy that was messin around with the high pressure fuel side and it sprung a leak with his face in there and put him in ER for a few days. Straight shot to an eye.

Latest posts

Members online