Fuel leak.. I'm stumped.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Okay so I've been fighting a fuel leak for a while and I can't figure out where it could be coming from.

It's pouring down the front of the motor but behind all the accessories so that there is no visible fuel puddling anywhere looking from the top of the motor down, if I get underneath the truck it seems that most of it is running down behind the crank pulley, so it is very difficult to see where the source of the leak is.

I've already eliminated the dual fueler and the passenger side fuel rail, the high pressure line was leaking but I fixed that and already had the cp3 pump bench tested by fleece so it's not that.

There is no visible fuel in the valley and doesn't appear to be any of the high pressure lines going to or from the CP4..

What the hell am I forgetting to check?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Might want to try adding some UV dye to your fuel, and take a look with a UV light. Might be able to get a better idea where it's coming from.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Maybe.. It's insane how I can't see **** from the top side but it's just pouring out underneath.

I gotta clean it up now, too much fuel everywhere to try and trace it

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check your fuel pressure switch, ive seen a couple leak. One was spraying everywhere the other was dribbling down thevalve cover and leaking on the ground. They were leaking internally like the old icp sensors.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check where the return line crosses in front of the motor from bank1 to bank2. It runs by the vacuum pump, and the battery cables, and behind the alternator