fuel pressure gauge install???

sickslow

Reaction score
One of my buddies bought 3 glowshift pillar gauges egt, boost, and fuel pressure. The egt and boost install has went smooth as expected but im not sure on how to connect the fuel pressure. Here is a link to the autometer instructions http://www.autometer.com/download_instruction/2650-1481-00rA(2).pdf but the sender is different on the glowshift. It has a 1/8" npt thread that looks like it should either be drilled and tapped somewhere on the truck or just thread in somewhere. Is there a way to connect this gauge to the 6.4 or is he going to have to buy an autometer gauge or something for fuel pressure?
Thanks.

The gauge he bought is glowshifts "fuel pressure" I just saw where they also have a "fuel rail pressure" but under the engine selection it only has options for dmax and cummins so im not sure if that one will work either.

Last edited:

sickslow

Reaction score
thanks fellas. White Monster that is kind of what i was thinking. Even if we could hook it to the low pressure side that isnt a very important thing to monitor is it? If it is its not nearly as important as the high pressure side is it? Sorry for my ignorance on the 6.4...I am a 6.0 man and im just trying to help a friend out.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Since a 6.4 is up to 30,000psi or so you need a dash daq or equivalent to monitor those kind of pressures.

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
I have both fuel pressure gauges ordered up, I plan on teeing in the signal wires for the rail pressure as thats what glow shift said their kit was meant to do, I deleted my factory fuel bowls with my air dog and have it running directly to the hpfp so it will be a little different but if you want i'll post up a couple pics in my build thread

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Hey bud, not sure if you ever got your gauges figured out, but I got mine in finally and if you need any info on how i did it let me know. I tapped into the fuel rail pressure signal wire by the ecm and used a t-fitting for the low pressure

Latest posts

Members online