Fuel pressure regulator

Oilfield7.3

Reaction score
So here's the story, I was out tinkering around in my garage doing the tightwad mod. I just got the fpr tapped and started threading in the barbed nipple, and apparently I over tightened it and it cracked so it's junk now. I have been looking at the aeromotive 13109 I think is the part number. And my question is, can I use this fpr with the mechanical pump, or is there another reg I can use that might be a bit cheaper? Thanks for the help in advanced!

lengelhardt

Reaction score
You can use it with the stock pump it'll work great especially whenever you chose to build or buy a fuel system. It's the one I'm using.

Oilfield7.3

Reaction score
Thanks for the response man! Glad to hear it'll work good, they are a little bit spendy haha.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
Mount the regulator off of the HPOP reservior bolts so you can reuse the stock fuel return lines from the head.

You will also need 2 #6 oring boss to #6 AN male fittings snd 2 oring boss orings for the head return lines. The tank return line would be #6 oring boss to 3/8" hose. All available at Summit Racing.

Last edited:

Oilfield7.3

Reaction score
Good deal! Thanks for the input, I should be able to get all those fittings from like a hyrdaulic hose shop or whatnot instead of going through summit correct?

old man dave

Reaction score
At a hydraulic shop, the fittings would be #6 male o-ring boss to 6-JIC male for the -6 AN to #6 oring boss fittings.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
I think the factory fuel return lines coming off the front of the head are -4. Correct me if I am wrong.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Billy, you're right. I had changed mine to 3/8 so I had a brain fart. The fitting in the head is 1/8"NPT to -4 hose end.

The regulator fitting is #6 o-ring boss male to AN-4 male to the return hose from the head. I used 90* fittings here.

The hose line return from the regulator to the tank is #6 o-ring boss male to hose barb (whatever hose size you use. I used a 90* fitting here also.

At the hydraulic shop you ask for #6 o-ring boss male to -4 JIC male.

Don't forget the #6 o-ring boss o-rings, you need three.

The Aeromotive regulator uses two tapped holes to mount it. The bracket doesn't extend past the regulator body so there is room for the 90* fittings. I made my own straight bracket as short as possible instead of the provided one.

So, the two return line fittings I oriented down and the hose barb fitting was oriented to the drivers side. The regulator was mounted horizontally off of the rear bolt on the passenger side of the HPO reservior.

The return port is the one in the center.

There also is a 1/8"NPT fitting in the regulator. You can either plug it or install a fuel pressure gauge here. I suggest the gauge. Aeromotive 15633 is the one I used, it hasn't yellowed yet unlike some that others have used.

I realize a picture would be worth a thousand words but the Bean's fuel system is now in my buddy's truck.

Last edited:

Oilfield7.3

Reaction score
I got it on and everything works, but I have a leak on my fuel pumps banjo bolt. Just gives me a little more motive to switch all the way to e fuel just don't have much time. I'll post pictures of what everything looks like in awhile, I really appreciate all the replys

Latest posts

Members online