Fuel tank rollover / vent

Strokersace

Reaction score
2014 psd, oem long bed tank

Finally filled the tank up all the way (bought the pickup a month or so ago) and have fuel leaking from the top of the tank. The only thing I can think of is the rollover/vent. When I had the bed off, I noticed that it has a hose barb end but no plug or hose attached to it. I left it that way. I haven’t crawled under the truck yet and will tonight, but assume the fuel is coming out of it.

Is there supposed to be something attached to it? Like the older Superduty tanks had. A hose or check valve?

I’ve read of several people installing in-bed auxiliary tanks and having this issue with fuel leaking from the rollover/vent valve. But no “fix”. Considering putting a hose on it and running the end up high by the filler neck mount on the side of the bed. BUT... would rather fix it right.

Thanks.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
2014 psd, oem long bed tank

Finally filled the tank up all the way (bought the pickup a month or so ago) and have fuel leaking from the top of the tank. The only thing I can think of is the rollover/vent. When I had the bed off, I noticed that it has a hose barb end but no plug or hose attached to it. I left it that way. I haven’t crawled under the truck yet and will tonight, but assume the fuel is coming out of it.

Is there supposed to be something attached to it? Like the older Superduty tanks had. A hose or check valve?

I’ve read of several people installing in-bed auxiliary tanks and having this issue with fuel leaking from the rollover/vent valve. But no “fix”. Considering putting a hose on it and running the end up high by the filler neck mount on the side of the bed. BUT... would rather fix it right.

Thanks.

They typically just have a rubber type cap on them, similar to the trans vents. Where abouts on the tank is it leaking? Front, rear, middle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
They typically just have a rubber type cap on them, similar to the trans vents. Where abouts on the tank is it leaking? Front, rear, middle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Middle toward frame rail. By the fill/vent hose area. That rollover valve is directly in that area too. Didn’t have a chance to look at it tonight

Strokersace

Reaction score
I’m going to pull the bed again so I can get access to the top of the tank and see 100% where it’s coming from.

I’m sure it’s the rollover valve, but having heck finding they little rubber hose/plug to go on it.