Fuel tank straps

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
So in my obs rclb I have a front 20gallon polly/plastic tank. And no one makes straps for these darn things. Any ideas? Should I redneck it and get some heavy duty galvanized straps from Home Depot? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I have a ton of various makes/models of stock left over straps from Titan installs. Got any pics of the stock strap? I'll look and see if I have anything close it it that may work.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Ford, internet, nothing. Mine isn't terrible but would like new or better.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I have a ton of various makes/models of stock left over straps from Titan installs. Got any pics of the stock strap? I'll look and see if I have anything close it it that may work.

Ours have a little stud on the strap if that narrows it down any.

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
Mine are bolt hole both ends. May fab something up. Or get some real heavy duty galvanized steel straps from Home Depot. Then I have this thick rubber I could put under them so it won't cut a hole in the tank.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I have made some rubber tank pads before, worked out great. I used a 3 x 4 foot rubber door mat I got from Tractor Supply Co. It was about 1/4" thick IIRC, I just cut it to size.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Actually a bolt stud that is in the middle of the strap that holds a mud shield against the tank.

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
We got it in there better than it use to be. Thank god for rednecks. For the back side strap just found one off a rear tank drilled the hole found a bolt wallla. Didn't put the shield on as I'm not gonna do any wheeling. But I did get the skid plate on.

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
You guys ever saw a one armed mechanic? My buddy's arm is in sling with nerve damage. And this guy can wrench!! Hell he even plows snow in a manual,

mustube

Reaction score
I made some new straps for my trail truck out of some thin flat bar stock. I just cut a slot where the bolt needed to go through, heated and bent it around the bolt and welded the folded part together. Worked really well and the new steel was only a few dollars.

Latest posts

Members online