Fuel/water seperator

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How exactly do you drain it?
Must one bleed afterwards?
engine off or on idle?
Please advise, I am new and never had a truck like that.
Thank you
shut truck off, crawl under drivers door.. the fuel pump and filter housing is just above your head on inner frame.. yellow knob turn counter clockwise till fuel runs out.. let run for 15-20 seconds and tighten back up. cycle key but dobt start a couple times. then start and drive..

live life full throttle

dizzle

Reaction score
Has anyone tryed to get fuel water separator like this, and plumbed it before factory separator? uploadfromtaptalk1441464703557.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hi Dizzle, yes you can do that and a good separator on those trucks is a great idea as the factory's can send water with no light illuminating.
There are many set ups out there from building your own to $700 Dieselsite deal.
Napa has a wix book and it has lots of components for building your own, including a hand operated priming pump that can be incorporated. Most of the components will let you know that they are suitable upto a given horsepower range.
Another good option is finding nice used set ups off equipment. You can find great setups like ones made by Stanadyne .

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i dont know why you couldn't plumb in a napa 3406 or a baldwin 1212 like we use on the 7.3s... its main goal is water separation. the stock filters are low enough micron to keep from trashing the fuel system but i believe the water separator is slightly lacking...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online