Gauges?

ftech79

Reaction score
So recently I've had my pickup broke into and they stole my pillar gauges. So I'm thinking about running a different configuration and curious to hear if anyone is running 2 pyro's and how they feel about it. I'm also thinking about using the overhead console pod mount. Any suggestions?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've run dual pyro's for years...

Is it necessary, no. But its handy for trouble shooting and such.

Overhead pod is a nice choice, works good but its not really in your line of site.

I recommend Isspro gauges myself, EV-2 or Performax.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
1525094_249361505238925_1428130994_n.jpg

1979759_267309760110766_1406046597_n.jpg

10303868_298333607008381_2403293288852575922_n.jpg

10334428_298333630341712_406362700273023672_n.jpg

1385014_215235488651527_1830916269_n.jpg

Just a few pictures...

ftech79

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. How are the isspro gauges compared to the autometer phantom 2 gauges (those are the ones I had stolen). Where are your Pyro probe's located in the exhaust?

Last edited:

mustube

Reaction score
Overhead gauge pods are a pain to put in because most of the time the rear view mirror is too high and has to be moved.
Also with an overhead pod I have heard of some sending units not having long enough wires to reach up there. I had autometers in an overhead pod and I had to get longer boost tubing.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ftech79

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was afraid of but when my gauges were stolen the took most of the copper tubing that I used so I'll have to replace that also.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. How are the isspro gauges compared to the autometer phantom 2 gauges (those are the ones I had stolen). Where are your Pyro probe's located in the exhaust?

In the manifold... Drill and tap.

IMHO Isspro gauges are better then anything else on the market, but I am bias so...

Overhead gauge pods are a pain to put in because most of the time the rear view mirror is too high and has to be moved.
Also with an overhead pod I have heard of some sending units not having long enough wires to reach up there. I had autometers in an overhead pod and I had to get longer boost tubing.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Moving the mirror if needed is a 10 minute deal, not something to fret about.

Isspro use all electric sensors, so the wires are typically more then long enough. No boost tubing to run, pinch or kink.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of but when my gauges were stolen the took most of the copper tubing that I used so I'll have to replace that also.

No copper tubing here, just a nice simple set of wires to run.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I have two ISSPRO EV2's that I'm about to list up for sale. They are about 6 months old.
Exhaust BackPressure 0-60 PSI White Face (Like the ones CSIPSD has)
&
Boost Pressure 0-60 PSI White Face

PM me if interested!

TARM

Reaction score
In the manifold... Drill and tap.

IMHO Isspro gauges are better then anything else on the market, but I am bias so...

Moving the mirror if needed is a 10 minute deal, not something to fret about.

Isspro use all electric sensors, so the wires are typically more then long enough. No boost tubing to run, pinch or kink.

No copper tubing here, just a nice simple set of wires to run.

I agree and I am not bias at all as I did a bunch of trying and buying and arrived at Performax unit and gauges. OF course I did so much trying that I have had to go slow with buying the pefromax's as I set my budget for each month and plan to stick to it. But so far I have been beyond satisfied with both the performance of the gauges and the company's CS. I pickup up a used main unit and when I checked with them they said if I had any issue with it they could cover it replace it whatever was needed. I had zero paper work but they may have known the guy I purchased from. Still I find that when a company stands behind their products like that it usually bodes well for the experience you are going to have.

Does everyone need this higher end version? No but I can tell you if you plan to run more than the striaght standard triple set (boost, EGT, Trans Temp) then having to only have one set of wires go thru the firewall into the cab and that same three run to all gauges with everything else on short runs in the engine bay its so so worth it. Forget about the data logging which just adds that much more to the package.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Do you have the warning light programmer Tarm? If not let me know, I'll get one coming to you.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

TARM

Reaction score
No actually I do not. That would be awesome as that is something I wanted to setup. I still need to get a few more gauges. Once I get the new PCM which I just got and the chip as I think its fried as well that will be the next thing to do.

I will PM you as I have some other questions as well.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You can put grease on the tap to catch them

Joe, send me the Whiny little Bitch gauge.

dsberman94

Reaction score
No grease on anything. No magnet. No vacuum. Just drill and tap. CSIPSD goes by this way and I went by this way on his recommendation after worrying about it for about a week. No issues on my end and never any on his end. I believe he said he's done about 15 or so iirc this way and no issues.

Arisley

Reaction score
Just don't have your face close the exhaust when you start it. Hot drill shavings exiting at high speed probably sting a little bit.
Just a WAG.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just don't have your face close the exhaust when you start it. Hot drill shavings exiting at high speed probably sting a little bit.
Just a WAG.

He would have to be getting a redneck stupidity baptism, or be inspector gadget with an extend-o-arm.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thats only if you live somewhere that that bastard Obama turned off gravity...

Because else wise 99% of the shavings will end up in your eyes, arms, hair and worst is your armpit...

Latest posts

Members online