GDP tuning reviews?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Anybody running these tunes? What's the skinny on GDP famous out of nowhere for the tuning world. I'm far removed and out of the loop.

About given up on the former Spart-tan/patriot tuning....

I know there ridiculously busy but a half baked tune is just that.... everyone claims their exhaust brake works.

Long story short, I'm happy with the former Warhammerx Raised shift point, the shifting was 99.9% flawless. Other than no pedal dampening and no exhaust brake (which I need)... and the famous p2074 code due to NL intake... which is odd, because I just proved yesterday it's not the NL 5" intake.

They latest (yes it's beta) engine tune is more refined and smoother than ever but the trans tuning went the opposite direction from where they perfected it originally, unfortunately...

So...

Im considering changing tuners to either ppei or gdp.

Would appreciate some feedback, thanks.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Heard that too as a rumor... just really would like to know what the skinny is.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
GDP are some of the former guys who use to work at hsperformace. They started GDP about a year ago after the performance side shut down for good. They seem to have good tunes but can't say for personal experience. If you do go with GDP you are limited to the ezlynk plateform as they won't tune a ford with any other plateform.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Is it true that I can run anybody's tune on ezlynk after I pay for their tune?

I hate to give up on Patriot... my patience is running thin, I absolutely loved their old RaisedSP...

ckrueg

Reaction score
Anybody running these tunes? What's the skinny on GDP famous out of nowhere for the tuning world. I'm far removed and out of the loop.

About given up on the former Spart-tan/patriot tuning....

I know there ridiculously busy but a half baked tune is just that.... everyone claims their exhaust brake works.

Long story short, I'm happy with the former Warhammerx Raised shift point, the shifting was 99.9% flawless. Other than no pedal dampening and no exhaust brake (which I need)... and the famous p2074 code due to NL intake... which is odd, because I just proved yesterday it's not the NL 5" intake.

They latest (yes it's beta) engine tune is more refined and smoother than ever but the trans tuning went the opposite direction from where they perfected it originally, unfortunately...

So...

Im considering changing tuners to either ppei or gdp.

Would appreciate some feedback, thanks.
What was different about the shifting on the beta tune? Just wondering cause my truck with the 500 qr tune was perfect, just a bit firm for the first few shifts. The 2.1 tune shifted like stock which I hated-the whole reason I tuned my tuned my truck was so it wouldn't shift and drive like stock lol. The lockup and shifting was too smooth and I had a slight flair at low throttle 2-3 shift. I kow it's probably because its not an enhanced file, but I like firm shifts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well believe it or not I traced the problem down to the "BETA v2.1 550hp raised" file only... so far...

Loaded v2.1 Warhammerx Raised and the shifting is flawless and exhaust brake is back.

The 2.1 550hp RaisedSP engine tune is ridiculously smooth.... and especially since they put pedal dampening back in. That engine file and TCM file are not jiving. The 3-4 shift flare was out of range for TCM learning.

The difference on 2.1 TCM tuning in the 550 raised file was regular drive mode acted like it was in tow haul and you had to feather the pedal to get it to shift from 4-5-6.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Well believe it or not I traced the problem down to the "BETA v2.1 550hp raised" file only... so far...

Loaded v2.1 Warhammerx Raised and the shifting is flawless and exhaust brake is back.

The 2.1 550hp RaisedSP engine tune is ridiculously smooth.... and especially since they put pedal dampening back in. That engine file and TCM file are not jiving. The 3-4 shift flare was out of range for TCM learning.

The difference on 2.1 TCM tuning in the 550 raised file was regular drive mode acted like it was in tow haul and you had to feather the pedal to get it to shift from 4-5-6.

does the Warhammerx file also have removed pedal damping?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yes it does. That's v2.1 Warhammerx RaisedSP 600.

It's a nice tune. The 550 tune was fantastic. It just has a EB glitch and the trans tune doesn't jive.

drservo

Reaction score
The old Beta Warhammer raised shift tune runs better on mine than any of the newer tunes.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I felt the same.

Going to try another round of Patriots tunes tonight a day see what we get...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It's crazy the difference from the sotf to the non sotf files. My 2.1 sotf file is killer. Very happy with it.

It is.... crazy....

I talked to Jeff Dodd today and we discussed a few things. SOTF is based off the Warhammer and then toned down from there basically, whereas the individual tunes act completely different.

Latest posts

Members online