Gearhead

maxxedout

Reaction score
Yep, mine is set to defuel until 160 degrees, so I'll keep it that way when I switch the tunes. I'll let you guys know what my experience is as well.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I ran Gearheads for a long time and loved them. You guys shouldn't have any problems with them. Matt progressively adds fuel on low boost so you don't have to worry about the motor.

Yep, mine is set to defuel until 160 degrees, so I'll keep it that way when I switch the tunes. I'll let you guys know what my experience is as well.

^^I think that might be a typo... Should be set around 1300 or 1400 EGT for defuel. 160 degrees ins't even the running temp for the oil.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Yes, I was talking about the cold coolant defuel setting. No power until 160 degrees ECT. EGT defuel is at 1,400; I only hit that if I'm REALLY on it...

theplumber

Reaction score
I tow trailer each days and never go over 1050 deg AT WOT . Power is def there

Envoyé de mon iPhone

maxxedout

Reaction score
So, I've been running the Gearhead tunes for about two weeks now, and they're absolutely great! The only issue is that my stock HPFP can't quite keep up with the fueling demands of the "performance" setting. I'm leaning towards bolting a 2015 HPFP on my truck, but before I do that, I just wanted to get a few opinions from guys with similar setups. I also plan on doing a 2015 turbo kit at some point soon, so I want to know what has been tried/proven. My ideal combination would be the 2015 HPFP and a 61 mm or 64 mm billet 2015 turbo. Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

maxxedout

Reaction score
I have a feeling that just a 2015 HPFP will be plenty adequate for my power goals... I don't need an all out race truck. A mild upgrade over what I have now is all I'm really looking for. I'm just wondering what everyone's experience with the different 2015 turbo kits has been. I can't decide between 61 mm billet and 64 mm billet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.