getting 6.4 why one brand of tuner, over another?

4tonGT40

Reaction score
thats what i was concerned about happening to me. needing one to tune, another to moniter. it would seem thats not really a concern after all.

and this is one of hopefully more posts i was hoping to get. a guy who had tried lots of different things, and simply stated what he did and did not like. no extra bs.

how much for that nice piece of guage pod??

can do.
299.99 + shipping.
Call Rudy's and talk to Ben or Gabe.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Tuning for the 6.4 is pretty advanced at this point. Power numbers are roughly in the same ball park from all of the big name tuners and reliability seems to be about the same as well. It comes down to the tuning device for most people. Unless a person is loyal to a company.
Jeff's right. At the end of the day it's what people like, it's not like spartan, or H&S or whoever couldn't adjust whatever you are havening issues with anymore, like I said earlier I didn't like the way KEM 310-345 shifted and I called Mike and explained what I wanted and he adjusted it.

Rene G

Reaction score
Good to see you're still around Rene.

Yeah, I'm still kicking around... ****ty that your Fummins got stolen, hope your new F-450 treats you good.

Back on topic, you can't go wrong with Spartan or SCT, it's just that the SCT is now discontinued and you'd still need gauges.

charlie-2

Reaction score
i have a spartin phlanax on my 550 and a h&S mini maxx on my f-250. heres what i think.

spartin... great tunes. cannot go wrong at all great customer service and products are more than above common quality. the tunes are great.. take a little longer than most to download but still great tunes and transmission shifts are good also. i have to do a relearn because it "forgets" sometimes how to shift. but none the less it is amazing and now with everything from 40 to 350hp!

h&s.... i have the 300 hot damn on board now and it seems alot slower than a spartin 300 or 310. tranny tunes are great also. i do not like the black maxx or mini maxx consol. it sucks. plain and simple. after haveing exprence with a spartin then going out and buying a h&s to run kem tunes and because it was cheaper was not worth it. it still is a great little tuner though but not so sereous as most. shoulda went with a spartin but did not.

planning to go to sct becuase i will need single turbo tunes. if spartin can make single turbo tunes life will be complete but am trying to find a live wire or somthing to run innovative tunes for a single turbo. any other options for a single out there?

all in all the spartin is better over h&s i have not delt with sct rcd or innovative tunes but would be more than happy with spartin. it is a little more exspensive but well worth it in the end!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
so what is the benefit of the sct over the dash daq?

why do ppl want it, other than it opens up doors for other tuners.

is there a benefit to that device?

SPARTANDIESEL2

Reaction score
When you give the office a call, speak with Mark or Spade. They will take care of you. Let me know if you need anything!

Yes Sir! Please give us a call and we will be happy to answer your questions and serve you any way we can. Our office hours are M-TH from 10AM until 7PM and on Friday from 10AM until 5PM.

Latest posts

Members online