Gogo's direct solenoid review

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the solenoid is interchangeable, they fit 03-10 its the same trans

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
you guys can also take a epc soleniod and file tabs off and put it in the direct spot and you have yourself a modded soleniod

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yeah you can do that no problems... thats what im doing if the second gogo solenoid doesnt work.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Electronic linePressure Control solenoid (EPC)

Ford Part # 4C3P-7G383-AA

doubledee715

Reaction score
you guys can also take a epc soleniod and file tabs off and put it in the direct spot and you have yourself a modded soleniod

Does the number of holes in the solenoid make a difference? Noticed the gogo has two less. Does the epc solenoid have the same amount of holes as the 'gogo solenoid'. thanks.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the gogo solenoid is the same thing as an ordinary epc solenoid he just modifies the set screw to his liking (he has a solenoid flow tester, so dont go trying this at home)

Triple H

Reaction score
the gogo solenoid is the same thing as an ordinary epc solenoid he just modifies the set screw to his liking (he has a solenoid flow tester, so dont go trying this at home)

That right there is the answer I was looking for. Simple enough but I like facts to back stuff up. None of the .orgtards can deliver any solid technical insight. It's all elc and egr questions there. I'll eat my words now that I know what's going on with the gogo product but I still don't like how it mis-behaved when I installed it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That right there is the answer I was looking for. Simple enough but I like facts to back stuff up. None of the .orgtards can deliver any solid technical insight. It's all elc and egr questions there. I'll eat my words now that I know what's going on with the gogo product but I still don't like how it mis-behaved when I installed it.

no problem thats direct information Doug's mouth... I got my replacement GOGO solenoid into my truck yesterday and it shifts fine now, a lot firmer, need to let the trans learn it a little bit. But im satisfied for now.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Man pizza pig, everything I like seem to like you've had some problem with mostly the ad2 and gogo. I hope the gogo works out for you as good as it's doing me. And the ad2 that you think isnt a good option, do you have a fuel system? Have you had one in your truck to make you think it isnt a good option? This thread was made to tell all about what I thought about the product. I think you might of turned some people off on it from your bad luck. Every product will have a person that might of had a problem even no it wasnt a bad product but the shipper that decided to throw it in the back of the truck instead on place it nicely. No matter what he does with packaging theres always a chance, I dont care if he put it in a box 10 times the size and it was full of bubble wrap and packing peanuts theres still a chance it will get thrown. He will stand behind his product and thats what matters. You know it will be flowing right when he sends it. If you get it and you think it isnt right he will send you a new one. In my mind thats better than hmmmm should I turn the screw in a 1/4 of a turn or a 1/2 of one? I look for a company that will be behind what they sell. And to tell you the truth your the only person I have seen that had a problem with the solenoid.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hey you know ill tell you what, Im not here to bash Doug at all! Doug is a great guy, knows his stuff and hes always picked up the phone to deal with my nonsense. He's got patience, hes not afraid to tell it like it is either (neither am I thats why we get along). He of all people should know to pack it better though... Ill leave it at that, Im very satisfied with the solenoid now, and I'll see how it progresses as the new trans learns the new solenoid. A few people have had the same issue I have, I even put my replacement solenoid in the other day and my truck wouldnt go into gear.... but all worked out in the end (was not direct solenoid related) I will continue to do business with doug because he offers a GREAT QUALITY product, I cant wait to get my hands on his stage 1 ported manifold.

I have numerous local friends that have Airdog's on their trucks, as lift pumps and standalone AD2 pumps and i've had the pleasure of replacing most of them because they stopped working. I also have friends with fass and they've failed. I may recommend alternate options that I think will be better in the long run sure, I think Airdog and Fass make decent products but I will never run one on my 6.0 as a standalone pump, theres to much risk in my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online