Going from 2.5" and 35's to 6" and 37's

Mattn

Reaction score
Can I expect a major blow to fuel economy?
I have read that going from stock to any amount of lift and wider tire will cause a big dent.
So I am curious if since I am already running a wider and heavier tire will it be as bad?
I've got this truck doing 20mpg on the highway with 35's and I am pretty happy with that. I would opt out of a 6" lift if it were going to set me back to anything under 17mpg highway.
Town mileage I don't care about since 80-90% I am cruising on the highway.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Got a buddy with a 6" lift and 37" pitbull tires and he's getting around 14mpg. I'm getting 18-19mpg hwy with a full slip tank and toolbox in the back of my 3.5 inch lift and 35's and he's empty in the box of his truck....

Mattn

Reaction score
Thanks man. Both deleted trucks?
That's a pretty big hit in fuel economy. Would end up costing me a lot of money! Putting the lift on is the cheapest part.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Thanks man. Both deleted trucks?
That's a pretty big hit in fuel economy. Would end up costing me a lot of money! Putting the lift on is the cheapest part.

Yeah, both 14's and both deleted. I have a few more mods (5" intake and upgraded intercooler) but pretty much the same.... His truck sure is purdy though! I do a lot of bumper pulling so I can't really go with the 6" and 37's being I pull a lot of work trailers etc...

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Buddy lifted 11" and 37s and 24s and he pulls 19hwy all day. I'm lifted 6" on 35s and bumping to 8" and 37s end of year. Still pulling 21ish at 65-70. Hauling ass I'll pull 17ish

Mattn

Reaction score
That's pretty impressive !
I can get 21 with my 35's aswell so maybe the lift size effects fuel economy less then tire size?

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Tire size is the major killer. But lift definitely has some effect the higher you go. More drag, etc

If you want the killer look you gotta give up some mileage. Just the nature of the beast lol

Latest posts

Members online