Gooseneck F150

Trav-O

Reaction score
Anyone seen or have a F150 with a gooseneck?

I heard the ecoboost F150 can tow my pulling truck and trailer.

So, looked at some today.

little luke

Reaction score
Some of my customers use half tons pulling goose neck stock trailers. Usually have anywhere from 4-6000 lb in cattle in the trailer. None of them have an ecoboost, but an older man just left yesterday in a 07 f150 crew cab with the shorter bed pulling a goose neck. 4 cattle wieghed 5300lb.

todd31277

Reaction score
i put one in a 150 and it didn't like it at all. flat bed gn trailers weigh alot more. dont know about stock trailer they may be lighter. ill never do it to a 1/2 ton again,

jngreen

Reaction score
We used to have a 96 f150 obs with heavier rear springs that would pull a gooseneck horse trailer with living quarters. The only thing I would really be concerned about with the newer f150's is that I think they have taller besides than the superduty.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Friend of mine has a brand new F150HD eco with the upgraded springs, 7 lug wheels etc and had it optioned with a dealer installed gn hitch. He borrowed my 32ft trailermann 24k lb dual tandem low pro trailer to haul building supplies when he was working on his house. He said the truck absolutely hated that trailer, no power, couldn't maintain speed, and said it made the trip a nightmare. So judging by is experience I'd say no.

RedRice589

Reaction score
We hauled with my brothers '09 had 3.73 gears and it was a flatbed and pulled a 60 horse JD 4wd hauled it just fine stopping is the issue but trailer brakes helped a ton. Not terrible and was a comfortable ride also.

Atsah

Reaction score
I've seen people do it. I wouldn't do it myself though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

:whs:

Can you do it, yes, have I seen people doing it, yes all the time but an F-150 is nothing more than an expedition with a bed IMO..

Trav-O

Reaction score
Most I would be towing is a 22' Car hauler Gooseneck with my '08 F250 regular cab on it. Full pull ready. 8,500 lbs plus 3,000 trailer.

08Monster

Reaction score
Do it. My 2007 F150 King Ranch pulls awesome. Even with a 6in lift and 37x13.50 toyos.
quzy7u6u.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

08Monster

Reaction score
Yeah, its not a gooseneck, but it can handle pulling heavy loads. I cant use the gooseneck with the lift anymore.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Most I would be towing is a 22' Car hauler Gooseneck with my '08 F250 regular cab on it. Full pull ready. 8,500 lbs plus 3,000 trailer.

We bought my wife's gooseneck w/lq 4 horse from a lady with a newer halfton Trav.

She was selling it because she was on her third trans in 60k. Stock trans only lasted 10k...

Seein as how that trailer is only 5-6k (est) then I'd have to say, no... Don't do it.

Dave

Reaction score
For a gooseneck no I wouldnt do it. A buddy of mine did it with his 5.0 crew. Granted he was constantly overloaded by 7k but he went through 3 transmissions

Trav-O

Reaction score
Even with occasion heavy towing? Granted, only the Ecoboost with 3.73s and 2wd has the 11,300 tow rating.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Even with occasion heavy towing? Granted, only the Ecoboost with 3.73s and 2wd has the 11,300 tow rating.

I think it's the people towing have no clue what a tranny cooler is. You'll be fine we pulled a loaded 6 horse from Miami to Ocala 359 miles use tow haul and be easy on it airbags would help. Since you have that regular cab and it's not its regular job you'd be fine.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score

Yeah, it does.

But it's still a half ton trans. And the OBS PSD's had a higher tow rating too. Didn't work out so hot for the trans in them either.

Find yourself a 3/4 ton 2wd gasser, if you want to get away from owning two diesel trucks. I don't think they're too horrible on fuel, and gasoline is still cheaper than diesel.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I think it's the people towing have no clue what a tranny cooler is. You'll be fine we pulled a loaded 6 horse from Miami to Ocala 359 miles use tow haul and be easy on it airbags would help. Since you have that regular cab and it's not its regular job you'd be fine.

TN ain't quite as flat as FL...

That said, a trans cooler might go a long way.

Buuuut... I don't think a trans cooler would save you any long term heart ache when you're talking about a brand new truck needing a trans at 10k...

Trav-O

Reaction score
Yeah, it does.

But it's still a half ton trans. And the OBS PSD's had a higher tow rating too. Didn't work out so hot for the trans in them either.

Find yourself a 3/4 ton 2wd gasser, if you want to get away from owning two diesel trucks. I don't think they're too horrible on fuel, and gasoline is still cheaper than diesel.

Well, I just bought the F450 and my old F250 back. Now, just found out my ole lady is Pregnant so now I gotta find a Crewcab "safe" vehicle that she could drive if need be.
Gonna have to trade in her Nissan Pathfinder and 2 of my 6.4s

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Well, I just bought the F450 and my old F250 back. Now, just found out my ole lady is Pregnant so now I gotta find a Crewcab "safe" vehicle that she could drive if need be.
Gonna have to trade in her Nissan Pathfinder and 2 of my 6.4s

Well, congrats Travis!!!

And I dunno if you need to do all that.

Having a kid ain't half as expensive as I thought it'd be. It's a change, but not that bad.

Which old f250 did you get back? The regular cab?

And which two (of the 4?) are you gonna sell?

Trav-O

Reaction score
Well, congrats Travis!!!

And I dunno if you need to do all that.

Having a kid ain't half as expensive as I thought it'd be. It's a change, but not that bad.

Which old f250 did you get back? The regular cab?

And which two (of the 4?) are you gonna sell?

Thanks Tom!

Ya, I bought my White with grey two tone regular cab back.

The Green F450, and the F250 I just bought back gotta go with the Nissan if I get another truck.

Latest posts

Members online