Gooseneck F150

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Thanks Tom!

Ya, I bought my White with grey two tone regular cab back.

The Green F450, and the F250 I just bought back gotta go with the Nissan if I get another truck.

Well...

Honest question...

Why don't you just keep the nissan and the regular cab you just bought back, and get rid of the 450?

You can tow with the new/old regular cab, and the nissan ought to get her and the baby around. Nancy drove her jeep for a couple years after we had Victor, before I bought her that white truck.

Trav-O

Reaction score
Well...

Honest question...

Why don't you just keep the nissan and the regular cab you just bought back, and get rid of the 450?

You can tow with the new/old regular cab, and the nissan ought to get her and the baby around. Nancy drove her jeep for a couple years after we had Victor, before I bought her that white truck.

I could but I hate the Nissan. V8 AWD with 105k on it. 16 mpg max.
I bought her a Fusion and she drives it most of the time

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I could but I hate the Nissan. V8 AWD with 105k on it. 16 mpg max.
I bought her a Fusion and she drives it most of the time

Ah...

Well keep the 250 or the 450 for a tow truck and get rid of the other, and the nissan.

Havin a kid ain't near as hard on the pocket book as some people made me believe it would be, but I wouldn't say it's a good time to rearrange your financials either.

I wouldn't buy anything until y'all settle out on the other side. Especially not something that'll need a trans after towing in our area for a while.

Trav-O

Reaction score
I will sell the F450 either way. Nissan, will be traded one way or another. I could run the F250 til the 2015 F150s come out. lol

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I'd say unload a truck and that nissan and y'all will with be sittin pretty.

Maybe save what you'd spend otherwise and buy your baby a new set of injectors LOL

Trav-O

Reaction score
I'd say unload a truck and that nissan and y'all will with be sittin pretty.

Maybe save what you'd spend otherwise and buy your baby a new set of injectors LOL

Lol ya. Cause we got 3 dogs, she wants replacement for the Nissan cause it carries the dogs around and she refuses to put them in the back of a truck and I refuse to put them in the Fusion. Lol

She makes my life difficult. lol

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Lol ya. Cause we got 3 dogs, she wants replacement for the Nissan cause it carries the dogs around and she refuses to put them in the back of a truck and I refuse to put them in the Fusion. Lol

She makes my life difficult. lol

You ain't seen nothing yet...

Wait 'til the baby gets here LOL

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
They go to slow burn when you leave the house.

Then back to full fuggin furnace when you walk back in.

She gave me permission to go to a truck pull 2 hours away without her once. I never did that again!

Farmall06

Reaction score
it will work cause he had 3 tractors on the trailer weighed about 20 to 21,000 lbs and was a 1983 f150 in line 6 with a 4 speed in it so if the ecoboost cant haul much that is disapionting

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
it will work cause he had 3 tractors on the trailer weighed about 20 to 21,000 lbs and was a 1983 f150 in line 6 with a 4 speed in it so if the ecoboost cant haul much that is disapionting

At the time, '83, the 300 I6 made as much torque as a chevy 350. And, the old 4 speed transmission were far tougher than anything in a half ton these days.

In the 70's and early 80's, IIRC, the only difference in any transmission between one tons and half tons was bellhousing for the engine.

I'd tow with an ecoboost with a 5R110 in it... But they don't come that way.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
At the time, '83, the 300 I6 made as much torque as a chevy 350. And, the old 4 speed transmission were far tougher than anything in a half ton these days.

In the 70's and early 80's, IIRC, the only difference in any transmission between one tons and half tons was bellhousing for the engine.

I'd tow with an ecoboost with a 5R110 in it... But they don't come that way.

the 6R140's are seeming to hold up pretty well though, guys are just finally finding power levels to hurt them with the 6.7 so they can most likely handle an eco towing just fine.

As far as putting a GN in a 150 though I would never do it. I think it would kill resale value really. If I saw that in the truck I would figure it was pretty much always overloaded and beat on if they needed a hitch like that.

Trav-O

Reaction score
I keep seeing more and more ecoboosts towing a trailer or camper with a gooseneck/fifth wheel.

Its tempting me

08Monster

Reaction score
Do it. You'll be fine, it will tow it. Mileage won't be impressive but it will pull it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online