Got weird noise from engine??

muzbomb

Reaction score
Hey guys just recently i have a weird sound coming from the engine. i can feel it in the front floor/firewall. When i step on the gas pedal it sounds like a hole in the exhaust sound?? I looked under and don't see anything everything looks good. When i am at around 80kmp and the torque converter is locked up if i step on it i can heard like a whistle sound from up front??? Not sure anybody have any ideas?? I am running the 210 tow tune with early lock up. The truck still has lots of power, no lights on and runs good still. Not sure but i know it sound different then it did??

BFT

Reaction score
On your EGR delete did you block it off on the up pipe that connects to the EGR coolers? Mine went bad and I heard a lot of "hissing/whistling" sound. If so then you probably blew the bellow on the up pipe.
IMG_2037.jpg

BFT

Reaction score
It could be either or. If you can get a mirror to look back there you can better diagnose it. I know it's tuff to see with it being so close to the cab.

muzbomb

Reaction score
I looked tonight and it is hard to tell, but i felt around up there and it looks like i have a little bit of soot on the lower drivers side bellow or around there anyways?? So hard to see anything or tell?? There should not be any black soot around there at all right??

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I think I need to check mine. It also seems that my EGT's creep up a little more than they used to when starting to go up a hill. Instead of topping around 860 maintaining speed up a hill, itll creep in the 950 range

Latest posts

Members online