H-11 vs ARP Studs

Reaction score
Here is how I understood it.

H-11's and Arp's are re-useable. My Arp's are actually on there second use right now. It all comes down to the stretch of the stud. Both have a maximum spec and as long as they are below this then they SHOULD be ok to use.

I should have been around 500 hp with my setup but dont have any numbers to back that up. Arp's held up fine.

Ive seen ARP's hold well over 600, Im not concerned with that really. But With new head studs "ARP's" and new gaskets, how long should I drive and let things seat up before I really WOP throttle it?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
8k was suggested to me on a rebuild.

Oh shiiiiit... How bout 8 miles ? :doh::pointlaugh:

Ive seen ARP's hold well over 600, Im not concerned with that really. But With new head studs "ARP's" and new gaskets, how long should I drive and let things seat up before I really WOP throttle it?

Im running ARPs. Like Vader stated, both are reusable as long as the yield strength hasnt been compromised. Either or will not be a bad choice.

All my gauges with the exception on my Scan gauge are Autometer Cobalts.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Im not one to say.... Im just saying I dont even have 8k on my new motor. More like half that. Been flogging it since it first came up to operating temp... LOL

kilapapipa

Reaction score
Im not one to say.... Im just saying I dont even have 8k on my new motor. More like half that. Been flogging it since it first came up to operating temp... LOL

Not me, after all that work. I have just under 8k on mine in one year and I have been on it hard the last 1000 but I really wanted to try and seat them.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Most stock head gaskets have had 100000 miles to seal up before most are modded. Most guys that build em will recommend cometic gaskets if your going big immediately.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I had less than 8 miles on new gaskets and ARP's when I hit over 50 psi, and engine continued to run over a year without issues until a rod broke.

TARM

Reaction score
I think if you have enough CP to lift a head with a factory seasoned head gasket whether it be a ARP or H11 you need fire rings period. SO when it comes to someone that will not be breaking the factory seal on the HG I think it really does not make much of a diff but considering the time it takes etc for only a few hundred more why not go with the stronger studs. The mistake many made with ARPs is they tq past the recommended amount trying to get 135-140 tq on them when they should have stopped at 125.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.