h and s xrt pro tuner

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
So the 6.0 and 6.4 share the same tranny. Does that mean they are controlled the same way? Iirc the 6.4 has a standalone tcm where the 6.0 is grouped in with the pcm. Which is why tuning on the 6.0 is more critical. Sure you can use the adaptive learning for shift on the fly stuff. Heck banks, edge and bullydog have been doing that for years with great sucess.

Not controlled the same but they are ( short of the converter ) the same transmission.

Last edited:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
We use H&S tuners ALL the time on 6.0s everyone loves them!!! Perfect tuner I think for the trucks.

Not saying they are a bad tuner. Just the blanket of what works on this works the same on that. the 6.0 and 6.4 are very similar in a lot of aspects yet totally different anaimals in how they work. Turbos, tuning, injector types etc.

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Not saying they are a bad tuner. Just the blanket of what works on this works the same on that. the 6.0 and 6.4 are very similar in a lot of aspects yet totally different anaimals in how they work. Turbos, tuning, injector types etc.

I see what you are saying but their tuning is really nice compared some of the other tuners out there.:D

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Why would it tear up your transmission? Its the same transmission thats in the 6.4 and there are no problems there. If it tore up transmissions I could assure you H&S wouldn't have it on the market for it.

People generally go with SCT because of all the custom tuning that can be had on that platform. However there is nothing wrong with using an H&S tuner on a 6.0 if your not interested in custom tuning.

The H&S shifting feels like Bully Dog shifting to me on a 6.0, that's why I was concerned

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I haven't stayed up as much on tuners but isn't bully dog and h&s some what tied together? They used to look like almost the exact same tuning devices except a different color. I was thinking they used the bullydog software to some extent

RedRice589

Reaction score
No they use the same screens thats it tuning is absolutely different. And all those issues in the threads are the same as every other tuning ppl have problems H&S just hasnt had the market to delve deeper into the 6.0. I love H&S on my 6.4 but i've accepted the lack of tuning for a 6.0. Many happy customers and many unhappy SCT has the same issues.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

I could find you the same complaints about SCT, Bullydog, Diablo and so on. A lot of things that get blamed on tuning have nothing to do with the tuning in question at all. Sometimes the added power and stress on parts that comes with it shows signs of weak parts that were already on their way to failure earlier than they would have at lower power levels.

Not saying any product is perfect, but many of these cases could be summed up as so.

Latest posts

Members online