H&S for 6.0!?

SWFL6.0

Reaction score
I've dumped a few hundred into custom tunes for the sct n I'm never happy! No throttle response like I get from my triple dog but I've always wanted the mini maxx..anyone running it on their 6.0!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
You need to communicate with whoever is writing your tunes and have them revise whatever you don't like.

If after a few tries there is no improvement try another tuner. There's a reason everyone runs an SCT, switching to a different piece of hardware won't fix your issue.

SWFL6.0

Reaction score
Been there done that with a few different guys..idk what all the hype is about sct I like my bullydog more so figured h&s would be even better

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
H&S for 6.0!?

Hm let's see the hype about SCT.. Oh yeah, the ability to get custom tunes from one of the many reputable tuners!

You sound like you are picky about tunes, a canned tuner is probably a bad idea because if you don't like it there's very little that can be done.

SWFL6.0

Reaction score
********** diesel, river city, mpt, and quick tricks! Not even close in throttle response jus more black smoke.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
********** diesel, river city, mpt, and quick tricks! Not even close in throttle response jus more black smoke.

Better question is how many revisions were written? Or do you just buy a tune, run it, dislike it, and move on?

Custom tuning isn't very custom if you don't communicate with the tuner at all.

SWFL6.0

Reaction score
Ok 6.4...and six slow, I have revised with Eric n quick tricks on a couple n no improvement jus made tranny shift way too hard n still didn't have the response I get with the triple dog

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
H&S for 6.0!?

I'm surprised by that. GH was my favorite as well, but I can't say it was a huge difference from my ID tunes. I just liked the trans tuning a little better.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
You might try gear#ead and truck source diesel. They are both known for running very clean.

The bullydog, edge, and other canned tuners can be pretty powerful... but you would never run them again if you got into the timing/fueling tables and saw how bad they are for your truck.

Custom sct tuners can usually get the truck to spool faster, run cleaner, run safer, shift better, and add custom options.

My favorite is the Super panty dropper fom TSD. It spools fast and clean... it also makes the truck feel 5000lbs lighter on the bottom end. Their tranny shifting is smooth and firm without banging around. Here is their email.

[email protected]

Last edited:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
you're not going to like any of them most likely compared to the Bully Dog...

The H&S is like bully dog with the EGR turned off. The only thing is I saw somewhere someone said they cleaned up the tunes at some point. Same way Bully Dog did with the GT. I'm not sure if you can revert back to old tuning. I've never tried it.

People are always shocked to hear that people prefer Bully Dog over custom tunes, but it's because they've never actually tried to run the tunes. The old 2.4.3 triple dog with the transmission set to firm/aggressive was a beast! LOL Stronger than most SCT custom tunes...

WITH THAT SAID... There is such thing as "too much of a good thing"

The Bully Dog/H&S 6.0 tuning is very aggressive, but the transmission shifting strategy leaves a LOT to be desired, and if you actually utilize the power change on the fly, it plays further hell on the trans. If you just leave it cranked up all the time, it's actually better for the trans.

Another problem with that aggressive tuning is it's just hard on stuff. I've seen a lot of cracked heads from guys that pull heavy just leaving it on the tow setting.

I prefer Gear-head Automotive tunes for my 6.0's. Their tuning has never left me wanting for anything else.

Merc82

Reaction score
I like my TSD tunes, paired with PHP FICM tuning. Spools quick, clean and the shifts have been perfect compared to the other tunes I have tried. Still gotta try PHP and Gear hed tuning, but I like the way my truck runs right now.

cboger

Reaction score
You might try gear#ead and truck source diesel. They are both known for running very clean.

The bullydog, edge, and other canned tuners can be pretty powerful... but you would never run them again if you got into the timing/fueling tables and saw how bad they are for your truck.

Custom sct tuners can usually get the truck to spool faster, run cleaner, run safer, shift better, and add custom options.

My favorite is the Super panty dropper fom TSD. It spools fast and clean... it also makes the truck feel 5000lbs lighter on the bottom end. Their tranny shifting is smooth and firm without banging around. Here is their email.

[email protected]
Opinions on wpe?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Opinions on wpe?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I also really like WPE... I am actually a dealer for them.

I am kind of a tune junky. Just this week I have ran tunes from TSD, IDP, WPE, PHP, Tony Wildman, and Warren... It is crazy how different each tuner is. I have tunes from basically all the major tuners out there. I tend to end up running my TSD SPD tune most of the time.

Latest posts

Members online