H&S for Newbie

bobby9621

Reaction score
I am told H&S is the best tuner on the market, however I do not understand which model is appropriate for my 2012 f250 6.7. I understand these tuners have epa issues and that does not bother me at all. is the HS109007 a good tuner for me or should I be looking at another one? Please help, darn search function sucks. I do not have mods at this time and will not be going nos in the future but will probably end up at a stage 3 level. Please help I may have stumbled upon a good deal, but probably not.

sagebel

Reaction score
I the 109007 is an earlier version of the street tuner. If you are looking to do deletes you will need a race tuner unless someone knows how to unlock the street tuners. I think Powerlab did but I don't know if they shared the secret.

bobby9621

Reaction score
I am showing they can do deletes for the urea and exhaust, am I incorrect? Or are you thinking about a different delete?

sagebel

Reaction score
There really isn't anything else to delete after that. You could always try calling H&S's tech line. You will need to buy an unlock code from them anyways to use the tuner on your truck.

sagebel

Reaction score
The 109007 has been discontinued. When you buy a new tuner they charge you additional $$$ for cracking the factory tuning.

bobby9621

Reaction score
What I found was that tuner for a ford 6.7 (no unlock code needed). If you are saying H&S will charge me that makes since. I found the tuner for 850 which is why I am asking and they have been quickly going out of stock since they are discontinued due to the epa.

bobby9621

Reaction score
so if I don't delete anything then this is a good buy? If I want to delete in a few years is the 800 worth it then?

Reaction score
If you could afford to buy one with delete capabilities i would. in a couple years you might not be able to buy them and if you do they will probably be thru the roof or outdated. Just because they can do a delete dont mean you have to until ur ready.

bobby9621

Reaction score
So let me ask the fun question. Is there anyone here that can unlock it and do a custom tune at the same time? Gearhead I hear does great tunes and I did finally find a post on this forum this item number 109007 is able to be unlocked from others besides h&s. Feel free to pm me on this one if it is not public knowledge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
So let me ask the fun question. Is there anyone here that can unlock it and do a custom tune at the same time? Gearhead I hear does great tunes and I did finally find a post on this forum this item number 109007 is able to be unlocked from others besides h&s. Feel free to pm me on this one if it is not public knowledge.

a street tuner will require a unlock code from H&S to allow for DPF off tuning.

custom tuning is done via MCC which is a program offered by H&S. right now i have not heard of any one but SPE doing custom tuning via the MCC program. I am runing KEM Tuning on my truck but i dont think they use the MCC software because i got these tunes before H&S even relesed MCC program.

now you will need to buy a differnt unlock code for the MCC program.

Your best bet is to find a unlocked street tuner, they are out there still.

i would call jared at river city diesel and he can expalin everything to you and i bet he can even help you find the tuner you need

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Along these lines, I have been doing some thinking. I presently have an '06 Dodge and whiles know EFI Live is the ticket with them I also know that I won't have this truck for a long time and at some point will be looking to get back into a 6.7 PSD. That being said I was thinking of picking up a MiniMaxx for the future and also using it on my Dodge for now. My question/concern is, will there be any issues getting the unlock in say 6 months, a year, or even longer? Am I guaranteed that it will be usable and not just an expensive street tuner?

Thanks,

Chris

bobby9621

Reaction score
Contact 04stroker. But these only work up to 2012 on the fords unlocked.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.