H&S intake manifold

6.7Bison

Reaction score
No personal experience on this item, but looks to be more focused on bling IMO. From what I can gather they took their upper intake from their piping kit and added a couple pieces for it to work with the stock lower intake manifold. Inside diameter may be larger but to me the flow looks worse dead heading into a wall as compared to the stock manifold with a smooth "Y" transition. Also the coupler on top would just be one more place to check for boost leaks. The metal would be more durable than the plastic for sure, but I haven't really heard of the oem upper intake being a common failure point. I would be curious what it sounds like having removed the resonators on the factory unit. For a little bit of effort with a Dremel, a junkyard upper intake, and some block off plates I could probably recreate the sound. To me, it would be more valuable to spend that money elsewhere.

12king ranch

Reaction score
No personal experience on this item, but looks to be more focused on bling IMO. From what I can gather they took their upper intake from their piping kit and added a couple pieces for it to work with the stock lower intake manifold. Inside diameter may be larger but to me the flow looks worse dead heading into a wall as compared to the stock manifold with a smooth "Y" transition. Also the coupler on top would just be one more place to check for boost leaks. The metal would be more durable than the plastic for sure, but I haven't really heard of the oem upper intake being a common failure point. I would be curious what it sounds like having removed the resonators on the factory unit. For a little bit of effort with a Dremel, a junkyard upper intake, and some block off plates I could probably recreate the sound. To me, it would be more valuable to spend that money elsewhere.
I agree with the dead heading. Maybe it’s just me but why not just make it a one piece with the Y like a stock manifold or the other aftermarket manifolds. I do like how it does clean up the engine bay but it looks easier to to remove for cleaning. I just pulled my stock piece and it’s a pain in the ass to get out of the truck. I was just looking for something that will help with a little more flow and cleaning but will work with stock and not stock application if you know what I mean.

6.7Bison

Reaction score
I feel ya. Depending on what turbo you have under the hood, Pusher might be a good option. I have confirmed they do not work with the SST turbos found on the 11-14 trucks but they supposedly have something in the works for these trucks.

I like the design of this one as it gets rid of the major restriction of the EGR vortex/swirl/mixer cast lower manifold while still being a smooth splitting transition. Really cleans up the engine bay. From my understanding there are no check engine lights and will work with stock applications. Shouldn't be a problem non stock either as you just find the right cold side pipe to deal with the butterfly as you will and apply block off plates as normal. If nonstock is where you are, more options abound that simplify and clean things up under the hood even more.