H&S intercooler pipe upgrade question

Armyman0

Reaction score
Hey guys I put the kit that kept the throttle body assembly and it fits likes crap. Real lose and rattles and just plain doesn't seal like it should. My question who's all ran the other model h&s offers? Also I'm running gear head tunes, would I need new tunes if I switched over? Thanks.

Armyman0

Reaction score
Post up a pic and lets see if we can help you

I've also got oil leaking out of the housing as well, so I was just curious as to who's running the full ****** and if my gear head tunes will work with switching it out. Its pouring rain out right now so won't be able to grab the pic anytime tonight.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Pouring oil out of what housing? Where you attached the H&S pipe? Sounds like you need to reroute you CCV. Give us a call tmr and we can help you with the pipe fitment issues and get you hooked up with a CCV reroute kit.

Armyman0

Reaction score
Pouring oil out of what housing? Where you attached the H&S pipe? Sounds like you need to reroute you CCV. Give us a call tmr and we can help you with the pipe fitment issues and get you hooked up with a CCV reroute kit.

Yes that's deff in the plans, my egr system is still in the engine compartment as well. Just haven't had time to get rid of it all yet, but yeah oil is coming out the housing of the h&s pipe. Was hoping to just do it all at once when I swapped turbo kits, but looks like I need to do it all before hand.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I would check to make sure the o ring is in right. Everything should fit snug with no leaks.

Reaction score
I have verified that he has the o-ring in there already. I believe the OP thinks that the OEM replacement style pipes would be a solid mount. The way the OEM replacement attaches is the way the OEM pipe attached. It uses an o-ring and clip like a lot of connections are these days on intake and radiator pipes. Anyone that has removed the factory plastic piece will know what I'm talking about. Anyone that hasn't removed their factory pipe, go out and wiggle it. You will notice that it moves freely because it doesn't use a form of solid mounting like a bolted connection. Thus the name OEM replacement. It attaches just like the OEM pipe does.

Armyman0

Reaction score
I have verified that he has the o-ring in there already. I believe the OP thinks that the OEM replacement style pipes would be a solid mount. The way the OEM replacement attaches is the way the OEM pipe attached. It uses an o-ring and clip like a lot of connections are these days on intake and radiator pipes. Anyone that has removed the factory plastic piece will know what I'm talking about. Anyone that hasn't removed their factory pipe, go out and wiggle it. You will notice that it moves freely because it doesn't use a form of solid mounting like a bolted connection. Thus the name OEM replacement. It attaches just like the OEM pipe does.

Thanks for getting back to me Dallas. Apt people that put there 2 cents in can't read more than the first line of a post.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Whoa. Pay your forum dues before bashing members. Just a fair warning, not a threat.

And let me clarify by dues. more than 20 posts.

Notneb

Reaction score
Until you re-route your CCV there will be oil in your intercooler piping due to the stock system putting it into the turbo. However why it's leaking in the first place... Hopefully after it stops raining the pics will help!

Armyman0

Reaction score
Whoa. Pay your forum dues before bashing members. Just a fair warning, not a threat.

And let me clarify by dues. more than 20 posts.

Hate to tell you but I've been a member on here for almost two years, but due to my computer being hacked I lost all my accounts, so before you worry about what I say due to you being sensitive, don't post on someone's post if you have nothing to offer. Thanks

Armyman0

Reaction score
Until you re-route your CCV there will be oil in your intercooler piping due to the stock system putting it into the turbo. However why it's leaking in the first place... Hopefully after it stops raining the pics will help!

Your absolutely right. I need to get off my butt and pull all this junk off. After comparing to my buddies 14 and his OEM upgrade and talking with a few guys, the amount of play my intercooler pipe has seems normal. I plan on pulling the pipe back off this weekend and see just how much oil is sitting in there

Latest posts

Members online