h&s mcc vs. buying custom tunes

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I think their are quite a few on here running stock bolts and gearhead race including myself. Pretty much every tuner doesnt "recommend" running anything higher than 210 with stock bolts if you want to stay fairly safe. Ive seen guys running 210 blow gaskets. But only you know if you are going to be balls to the walls everytime you get in the truck, if you are going to mash the skinny while your ECT is only 114*, etc

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I think their are quite a few on here running stock bolts and gearhead race including myself. Pretty much every tuner doesnt "recommend" running anything higher than 210 with stock bolts if you want to stay fairly safe. Ive seen guys running 210 blow gaskets. But only you know if you are going to be balls to the walls everytime you get in the truck, if you are going to mash the skinny while your ECT is only 114*, etc

I'm about 45 passes in on my stock hardware. Just be smart. My truck is never ran hard till everthing is up to temp.

A.thoma

Reaction score
Yea I think I'll probably wind up doing buisiness with Matt I haven't heard one bad thing about his tunes

ricg

Reaction score
sorry to derail, but i am running the 300HD tune right now and i have a sct tuner that i had used for my 6OH can i get tunes for it and load them on my 6.4? or is only for livewire?

jdgleason

Reaction score
sorry to derail, but i am running the 300HD tune right now and i have a sct tuner that i had used for my 6OH can i get tunes for it and load them on my 6.4? or is only for livewire?

The 6.0 tuners didn't have enough memory to support the 6.4 files.

Charles W

Reaction score
How do you contact Matt at gear heads. I'm running a TT and I'm having issues with the tranny. This is the second one so don't want to mess this one up.

Latest posts

Members online