H&S Mini Maxx install

Kent94

Reaction score
Well as the post says I'm getting a Mini Maxx for free from my buddy. Hes taking it off his 2011 dmax and putting the stock exhuast back on it. My question is will it come with the HD300 tune or will I have to buy the unlock for it. Becuase I think he had to buy a unlock for the HD tune but not sure. I will be putting it on a 6.4. Also how hard do you think it will be to setup? It should just plug in and set up the perimeters but not totally sure maybe someone can chime in on that. Thanks in advanced.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
For 6.4 you get all the tunes, just update the SD card itself with the little sd stick it comes with and you will have them all there. Super easy to use

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Who is this guy giving away a mini maxx? If I had a facebook I would add him as a friend

Kent94

Reaction score
Try checking the version on your tuner of you need to update. Everything you need is in the link below
http://www.hsperformance.com/update-instructions/

Ok thank you I apperciate it.

Who is this guy giving away a mini maxx? If I had a facebook I would add him as a friend

He dosen't have a facebook and hes my good buddy. I was telling him about the MCC and how I was looking for a mini maxx and his inspection is up next month and he needs his exhuast back on and he said hes leaving it stock and I can have his mini maxx becuase he gets in to much trouble with it lol.

Kent94

Reaction score
I got the off road version. Found it off a form I figured they were getting more and more scarce and pulled the trigger

FussGus

Reaction score
I have a question for those who have the H&S tuner. If I am going to be daily driving my truck and not getting on it hardly ever. Should I have my torque converter lock on 4th & 5th or just 5th? Also should I just go with medium shift points or low or stay with high? Also should I return to stock then download again before making any changes like these? Anyone running the HOT tune do the transmission re-learning? Makes me wonder if I should just leave things be and maybe it will learn to shift a little better over time?

I only ask because the tranny stays in gears a little too long. I only have a max speed of 50mph when going to work and I would like to be in 5th instead of 4th (locked).

sootie

Reaction score
the 4th lock schedules keep the trans a little cooler and are easier on it but it makes for a rougher drive. i slipped my trans all the time if i got on it arounf 45mph with the schedule 2 shifting.
in regard to the high, medium or low shift points there is not one "better" than the next. it is all user preference based on tire size, gear ratio and driving style. if you find it is hanging onto the gears a little long or the bulk of your driving speed is right at a shift point, adjusting accordingly. i got the best times running S1M with 35's and 3:73 gears.

Latest posts

Members online