H&s minimaxx reding crazy pyro temp levels and defueling

1stock13

Reaction score
Used the EGT sensor out of the crossover pipe for my pryo1 reading on my Minimaxx, its reading crazy numbers like 2500 degrees. I had to turn the defueling off to keep the truck from going back into stock tune. Was i supposed to use one of the sensors out of the exhaust instead?/ I know my EGT's arn't anywhere near that high. anyone have a suggestion? thanks,

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
Yep you need one from the exhaust.

Are you just taking the sensor itself and clip it in to where the egr sensor is? Or are you taking sensor and wire from exhaust? I currently have the sensors from the egr plug in and not reading on my cts2

1stock13

Reaction score
I used the sensor, and pigtail that came out of the cross over pipe. I did a complete egr cooler ******, the bung is on the block plate that's covering the hole in the exhaust manifold.

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I used the sensor, and pigtail that came out of the cross over pipe. I did a complete egr cooler ******, the bung is on the block plate that's covering the hole in the exhaust manifold.

That's what I did. Don't know if it was reading correctly. I'm not monitoring it right now. I was wondering if you need just the sensor only from the exhaust (what is the difference in the exhaust one and the one off egr). Or the sensor along with the wiring for it from the exhaust.

1stock13

Reaction score
That's what I did. Don't know if it was reading correctly. I'm not monitoring it right now. I was wondering if you need just the sensor only from the exhaust (what is the difference in the exhaust one and the one off egr). Or the sensor along with the wiring for it from the exhaust.

I'm sure someone can answer this. Anyone from H&S wanna chime in?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You need one from the exhaust , it's in the manual as well.

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
Last edited:

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
So I switched them out. Mine only reading up to 415*. Might be due to the cts2 not sure

1stock13

Reaction score
I'm out of state until tomorrow, I will go ahead and swap them out. So I'm guessing this will read just fine on my minimax 4 as pryo1?

O&G

Reaction score
I bought my truck ******d so I do not have the rear exhaust sensor, just the one from the EGR. Can anyone verify if part# AC3Z-5J213-C is correct? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online