Hard start issues

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
Im having issues starting the truck doesnt matter hot or cold. You try to start it and it wants to start but wont unless you are in the throttle, and once it does start it romps really bad unless you bring the throttle up just over idle for a little bit then it will quit romping. I mentioned my issue to my local dealer diesel tech and they said its likely the front cover leaking and draining my hpop res. Since i just put a manual trans back in the truck they said it puts more stress on the crank and causes this problem. Does this sound right i havent had time to mess with it yet where do i need to start and if it is the front cover what all would i need to replace?

79jasper

Reaction score
Sounds like a hpo problem to me. Mine used to romp like that when the Temps would get down to single digits.
If the front cover was cracked, I would think you could check the reservoir in the mornings to see if it's low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

pdumont01

Reaction score
Unless your bearings are worn standard/auto shouldn't matter. You need to hook up a scanner and monitor ICP to see if it is fuel or oil related and go from there. Other than that you will be wasting time

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
Ill try to locate a good scan tool to check the icp but ill check the hpop res in the morning if its empty i guess i probably have a cracked cover

Latest posts

Members online