Hard start when warm, easy start when cold. Brand new motor!

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
crank time wasn't that bad. how hard did you run it to get the air out? beat it like a redheaded step child LOL

My 45mm TurboSmart wastegate is currently unhooked so I'm fighting against my 14PSI spring. Waiting for some fittings to come in from summitracing so I can hook up my boost controller!

Basically every time I go further than 1/4 throttle my wastegate opens up.
I've hammered the skinny pedal to the floor 7+ times now, just fills the road with black smoke...

I would really love for this problem to be just air in the lines, but I'm starting to doubt that! Since you guys mentioned this relatively cheap scan tool, compared to the $1500+ name brand scan tools, I figure it can't hurt to buy a Bluetooth OBD II scanner anyways.
Is this the bluetooth scanner you guys are talking about?:
http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products...qid=1379561361&sr=1-1&keywords=obd2+bluetooth

Barnhartal

Reaction score
Torque can't do cylinder contribution, buzz test and so forth, unless I've missed an update. Ae however can. $350.00 is nothing compared to hours guessing at a problem.

Not knocking torque, its handy, but its not a replacement for a real scanner.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Agreed. /\

That is not sounding like a hpo leak. With my exsperiance it doesn't start at all when the oil is warm.

I'll agree. Had bad o rings that caused a world of problems starting hot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
sounds like its rebuilding ICP from IPR leak back to me. the miles you have on it are way more than enough to have gotten all the air out by now.

Check your res after its been hot and the normal time it would take for it to need extended crank and let us know how low or high the oil is.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Torque can't do cylinder contribution, buzz test and so forth, unless I've missed an update. Ae however can. $350.00 is nothing compared to hours guessing at a problem.

Not knocking torque, its handy, but its not a replacement for a real scanner.

Agreed... I have a scan gauge, AE and the Torque app...

But its quick and cheap to get.

m j

Reaction score
the $30 obd readers are a crap shot. I lost on my roll of the dice so had to buy a PLX Kiwi to go with Torque app.
I recommend just paying for the good one :)

Latest posts

Members online