Hard Start

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Just walked out to the garage to start my truck and it just acted like it was -30 out. I started cranking and watched the HPOP gauge like I usually do and for some reason it climbed all the way to 4k and just held. It would try and fire with a huge puff of white smoke out of the exhaust, it took 3 or 4 tries then it finally fired up...The garage was filled with white smoke

I just had my intake manifold off along with the injector harness.. Could I have missed the ground for the glow plug relay or something?

The trucks running fine now that it's warmed up

Stroker04

Reaction score
The only ground that bolts to the intake manifold is in the right rear corner by the up pipes..are all you ficm connections good?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I never removed the ficm connections. I'll have to double check I suppose. When it is even the slightest bit warm it starts no issue, but if I let it sit overnight It puffs like hell

Stroker04

Reaction score
I never removed the ficm connections. I'll have to double check I suppose. When it is even the slightest bit warm it starts no issue, but if I let it sit overnight It puffs like hell
Check your glow plug module connections as well.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online