Has anyone ever used one of these coolant recovery tanks?

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Where are you planning on putting the primary?

I'm hoping that I can mount the primary/ atmospheric turbo over the valve cover or barely off to the side of the valve cover. Then I want to place my air filter where the battery and recovery tank were located. I spent today getting things ready to relocate the batteries to the bed. I just want to get things ordered so I can get the truck back onto the road. Is the factory coolant reservoir vented?

Thanks

DocBar

Reaction score
I'm hoping that I can mount the primary/ atmospheric turbo over the valve cover or barely off to the side of the valve cover. Then I want to place my air filter where the battery and recovery tank were located. I spent today getting things ready to relocate the batteries to the bed. I just want to get things ordered so I can get the truck back onto the road. Is the factory coolant reservoir vented?

Thanks
I've had mine spew coolant all over the place, so I would say no.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I really think that reservoir will work. I just need to buy a 16 lb cap and be sure that the cap is the highest point of the system!

mudwizer

Reaction score
I built my own coolant resivor with a sight glass and a billit cap . I used 0.090 aluminum and copied the factory one from ford

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-80-202/overview/

Since my compound turbo set-up will take up more room I need to relocate things in the engine bay. Will this coolant recovery tank work? It states that it's not vented, but it's the only tank I can find with large enough fittings.

Make your own or have one made, I had a machinist make some bungs with the same threads as the stock Dgas bottle so I could use a stock cap.

20140114_135303.jpg

After ceramic coatings
20140325_095243.jpg

Bean

Reaction score
We make a cylindrical tank kinda looks like the one David posted. We used them on Cummins conversions but could work for you also. Send me an email if Ya want a pic and quote. [email protected]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.