Head stud help

Dieselroller

Reaction score
How can you tell if your head studs are bad? When the truck is cold, it has a rough start and wants to buck going down the road until it warms up, then its fine. Anyone know what it can be? No codes or anything else!

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Ya I second the injector stickage. What are you running for oil and how long are you running it. How many miles on the injectors also?

STROKER

Reaction score
I'd give revx a try and see if that helps before you buy new injectors or get yours rebuilt, might be temporary but its a lot cheaper than pulling them

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Sticks = forum slang for injectors

Spool valves actuate the injectors and as they wear/age they tend to stick in colder weather.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
This sounds just like my truck. I read the link about "stiction" and am now wondering, what is the FICM calibration referred nto in the link, how does a person do this, and what all does it do?

Wojo

Reaction score
if you need new injectors. and you dont wanna buy aftermarket ones factory ford ones are 250 a piece pending on where you get them. try Sunrise ford. they are a vendor on here and they give 25% discount to forum members. its worth a try

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
spool valves on the injectors are getting stuck its time for new sticks

no it's not....good lord man. there are lots of things to look at before throwing new injectors at it.

just try running a thinner weight oil and then some rev x. it's just stiction which is very common in these trucks. mine does it all the time. i'm fixing to put in valvoline extreme blue 5w to help with sticky spool valves. also, check your ficm voltage and see where that's at.

bigdirty

Reaction score
while were here what weight do u guys run in colder climates w/ stiction

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.