Headgaskets?

huntergodwin12

Reaction score
Just got back from a drive and look under the front left fenderwell and I've got coolant on the shocks, leaf springs and dripping down the side of the frame, was driving it pretty hard, popped the hood and looked at the degas bottle and the coolant came from the top of the tank where the cap is. is this a problem with the cap, too much coolant in the tank to begin with and it puked it out or could it be head gaskets?

78f100

Reaction score
Same thing mine did when the hg's went. It is possible its a bad cap though, some on here have said that a bad cap was the cause of their puking. I wasn't so lucky, but look at the bright side, it may be forced upgrade time...LOL.
Good luck!

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
Repolace the cap, and if your egr coolers are gone it rules out them out too, sometimes they can flashboil. I wasn't so lucky either, my HG's went towing heavy. I had no other signs other than the puking, all temps were normal, just puked when getting on it hard or pulling a heavy trailer. All it takes a really slight leak in the gasket to make it puke. Good luck though, hopefully it's just the cap.

78f100

Reaction score
I had no other signs either, I could drive anywhere normally it would not puke, only under a hard run. I wanted to stud it anyway so I just went ahead with it. The caps are like 20$ it sure wont hurt to try that out first. Is your egr deleted?

Diesel23

Reaction score
Do what these guys are saying ^^ , thats the cheap test , or you can take a long section of hose hook one end to the degas bottle there is a small little nub justa bove the ventur tee , then route into the cab as so you can still close hood with a pressure gauge on the other end of hose , take her for a ride and keep an eye on the gauge under hard acceleration , if the pressure gauge Spikes to above 16 or more youll need gaskets

BFT

Reaction score
Repolace the cap, and if your egr coolers are gone it rules out them out too, sometimes they can flashboil. I wasn't so lucky either, my HG's went towing heavy. I had no other signs other than the puking, all temps were normal, just puked when getting on it hard or pulling a heavy trailer. All it takes a really slight leak in the gasket to make it puke. Good luck though, hopefully it's just the cap.

:whs:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.