heater delete question

ryanss22

Reaction score
On my pulling truck I have already deleted all my A.C. parts and now want to delete my heater core to make room for an air to water IC. My question is how can I reroute the 2 hoses that go to the heater core that flow coolant? Can I just connect them or take one and go back into the other port on the block so the coolant just flows out and back into the block and does not flow to the core?

Petro

Reaction score
Yep worked on a truck from Florida recently that had exactly what your explaining done. They just bypasses the heater core when it began to leak. Worked fine until it was brought up Here to Nebraska, new owner couldn't figure out why he had no heat LOL.

Last edited:

Arisley

Reaction score
That would also work. Takes a little more time and effort though. Still works the same.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

ryanss22

Reaction score
Yes that would work to just quicker and easier to cut a hose and clamp it in place. Im not a guy who needs a spotless and super neat engine bay. Would the engine need less coolant now Spence there is no extra flow outside the engine?

Latest posts

Members online