Hellwig sway bars

jdgleason

Reaction score
Would like to see some pics of these installed especially the rear. I have been looking at these also who did you go through to get them and is there different versions or is that the only design (model) for the 08-10 trucks?

They look great

I'll get you some pics soon Taylor! I went straight to Hellwig for mine.

I've had the front bar on for about 300 miles now. it really makes the truck have more road manners compared to stock I couldn't be happier.

Sent from a little green goblin under a bridge.

I agree... Seems much more responsive in traffic.

Do they make a kit for trucks not equipped with a rear sway bar?

Sent while I probably should be doing something productive.

This kit replaced everything, so yes. All you would need would be the holes in the frame lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09stroker

Reaction score
I've got a helwig on the rear. It really helped stabilize the truck on curves and maneuvering especially with weight. It looks just like an 03 sway bar with a fancy paint job and 3 different holes to mount the links.

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
6eny5eba.jpg
jamehu3u.jpg

Front sway bar. One of my favorite mods so far!

Sent from a little green goblin under a bridge.

Taylor D

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics any of the rear or u just have the front one

I definitely need these now after everybody's reviews

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

jdgleason

Reaction score
Snapped a couple more pictures of the sway bars today.

The mounts from the rear

ubahuzaq.jpg

The new end links

e7ama3uv.jpg

ma4ezyqa.jpg

7yju5ape.jpg

And the front.

ebahegyt.jpg

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Icon. I was looking at the Fox shocks but didn't know if they would be too sporty and take away from the "truck" feel it has. Not saying anyone around here uses their truck as an asphalt pounder but I use mine for what it was built for. Along with a few other things it's not.

jdgleason

Reaction score
From what I've seen from Icon, I wouldn't go any other way. I have the base 2.0s and I was super happy with them... Justin has the piggybacks, and they perform much better than mine, and one of our buddies has the reservoirs, and they perform better than the piggybacks. All the trucks are setup pretty similar.

JrStroker

Reaction score
I've been debating on getting a set of these for months now, just never had any real info on how good they are. May just get a set sooner or later now.

Cory Anderson

cbenn47

Reaction score
For those asking about towing with HELLWIG, I tow a 15,000# 5th wheel with mine and you will notice when cornering the most, not much lean either way, much firmer steering, we'll worth the money, I have them front and rear.

RSK

Reaction score
I'm gonna do them one at a time and drive the **** out of the truck, i think the front sway will take most of the body roll out of it. The rear will probably help more when u lose traction and it kicks out sideways, and then catches again. I noticed that going from stock tires to nitto 420's i lost a lot of tire roll. Truck feels a lot more stable when cornering. Stiffer sidewall and less sidewall is the main reason and tires hook a lot better, they are also wider as well so that helps too.

Latest posts

Members online