Help broken glowplug problem

ATF Burner

Reaction score
I was changing out my glow plugs and I got 7 in no problem and the last one on the rear drivers side the outer part came off of the core. The core is still in there but I cannot get it out. The tip didn't break off as far as i can tell, only the top piece that the plug slips onto. I started the engine and it didn't budge it at all. It ran fine and didn't seem to be anything wrong. I am at a loss as what to do and I absolutely need the truck on Wednesday. How hard is it to pull the head off? Is it something that can be done in 2 days without having done it before? I'm pretty much freaking out here. And if I can get it, would it hurt to run the truck like this with the electrical plug secured so it doesn't short out?

Tom S

Reaction score
I think you are saying the center of the glowplug is stuck in the head and the metal threaded insert part came out. If you have to have the truck in the next few days I think I would just put that metal part right back in there and run it. I edited your thread to get you some better help. If you start searching broken glowplug + powerstroke or 7.3 there is a lot of info out there on this.

Tom

Latest posts

Members online