HELP!! First start after tear down

Glamping

Reaction score
So I had the truck down for STC fitting, EGR delete, turbo drain and feed lines, injector cleaning, thermostat, fuel filters, oil change.

So afar have have cranked quite a bit and still not getting anything. I do have an Insight hooked up. What should I be monitoring while cranking to see if the oil system is priming back?

Glamping

Reaction score
Forgot to mention. Fuel pressure is good at 60, FICM is showing 48-48.5 so those should be good. I just don't know what else I can monitor to see what's going on.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Your truck is going to take alot of cranking to get going again. Double check your oil level, and keep cranking. Did you bleed the air out of the upper fuel filter housing after you changed the lower filter?

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Cycle the key on for 20 seconds and then off for 5 second about 5 times that will push the air out of the fuel filter housing. And then hook up and battery charger and keep on cranking.

Glamping

Reaction score
I didn't bleed the upper housing. I thought just cycling the key would do it. I've probably cranked it 10 or better times so far.

Will the Insight read ICP pressure? From what I read I need at least 500 psi for it to start.

ghohouston

Reaction score
And I suppose that too will bleed the air. Idk, I always just throw a drain pan under a truck if/when Im in that situation, pull the upper, and cycle the key until the bubbles stop

Glamping

Reaction score
5 30 second cranks in for tonight and still nothing. On the edge it's shows ICP voltage at 0.3 and ICP pressure so far a high of 30 psi.

Glamping

Reaction score
Well up to a good 10 cranks tonight and nothing. Should I start checking things to see what's going on? I'm at a total loss right now and very frustrated.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Well up to a good 10 cranks tonight and nothing. Should I start checking things to see what's going on? I'm at a total loss right now and very frustrated.

5 30 second cranks in for tonight and still nothing. On the edge it's shows ICP voltage at 0.3 and ICP pressure so far a high of 30 psi.

Just keep on cranking it should be up to 500 or close to it not 30 PSI. :jawdrop:

Glamping

Reaction score
Ok so after lots and lots of continued cranking I still get nothing. Most I see is 50 psi on ICP readout on my Insight. It falls really quickly once I stop cranking. I even tried a few long cranks at almost 2 minutes straight. Any help is appreciated at this point.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a severe leak in the HPO system. Did you replace the stand pipes and dummy plugs? Are the oil rails properly seated? Did you make sure the pump outlet is properly seated on the branch tubes? There are a lot of things that could cause this.

Glamping

Reaction score
I had injectors out, new o rings and copper washers on them, new stand pipes, dummy plugs, stc fitting, turbo drain and feed lines, IPR sensor, egr delete.

Glamping

Reaction score
Trying the air test now. I'm using a rubber tip blow gun in the ICP port and I've ran jumper wires to the IPR solenoid in the back. I can just barely hear noise coming from the oil fill port and even less from the CCV hole on driver side. It's really not much at all though, doesn't seem like enough noise to be a major leak

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.