Help me build a system

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm definitely no audio guru, but I learned a lot between the first system we put in my gf's 02 escape until the time it was stolen and we put new stuff back in. Went with much higher quality parts, although they were all rated at lower power/output than anything we had in there previously, also learned the proper way to wire everything... what an amazing difference.

Running a single JL 500/1 power two JL 12" subs (of which exact models slip my mind at the moment) and this little amp fires those subs really well. We could step up amp size, but this was a more cost friendly build. Actually picked the amp up used from a member on PSN at the time. I made sure that the amp output and the wiring coincided with sub selection to match the OHM's for the best quality sound. Really helped a lot.

Again, I'm audio retarded though, but a little bit of research helped me a ton, and I've been very satisfied with the JL stuff.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Mike has a 13 under his rear seat. I had the same in my 450 and am doing that in my 6.4 with a JL 500/1 on the sub. I'm also getting a 45w alpine amp that hides nicely behind the dash to run the highs. I heard a truck the other day with that exact setup and it was crystal clear

thuglike

Reaction score
Dustin,

The single JL 13" is more than enough for the CC.

When it comes to amps and subs JL is top of the line (without having to take out a second mortgage). I have the shallow 13 powered by a JL 600/1 and it hits hard.

The key to the entire build is the head unit..do not go cheap..Kenwood or Pioneer.

Rear speakers are fillers so you can go on the cheap side.. I did jl c2 evelutions 6 x8's
Fronts need to be a solid component Focal, JL and the like.

I went with JL 6.5's powered by a JL 300/4 slash series and it is crystal clear all the way up the volumn dial. After tuning the amp and head unit the sub takes the low's, the mid stay there and the tweeters are nice and bright..no single component is overlapping the other distorting the music. After the head unit the other key is tuning it...play with the amp and head unit settings to dial your music in.

Enclosures by splk.com are real nice....good price and fast turn around.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.