help picking a turbo

2005pwerstroke

Reaction score
Not sure about the turbo it was on the truck when I bought it. All I know is its a 66mm Borg warner. It has Maryland performance diesels divided up pipes and Arundel diesels 205cc injectors with 100% nozzles

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
The turbine housing should have the .ar number on it. The .ar # along with the turbine wheel size is going to help us understand exactly what you have and help you down the right path. The fact of the matter is the fmw362 has a smaller turbine than the 66 so if you drop to the 362fmw, you're going to see quicker spool, obviously but as mentioned, you will lose out on the top. Those BW turbos have a plethora of options for the turbine so there are a ton of variables when determining exactly what may be best for you. If you're running 205/100's and you're having a hard time spooling that, have you tried data logging and have your tunes adjusted? Reallistically those injectors should spool that turbo with ease. Just my $0.02

2005pwerstroke

Reaction score
By tunes do you mean like my SCT tuner. If so that could be part of the problem I'm not running anything custom time wise

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
THAT'S EXACTLY why motox asked about mods. Of course it's laggy. You have a stock pcm trying to fuel 205/100's and spool a 366? You need some tunes my friend. That will help big time!

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Sounds like this guy bought it built and really doesn't know what is done on it. Can't be sure the PO didn't have it tuned

2005pwerstroke

Reaction score
Sounds like this guy bought it built and really doesn't know what is done on it. Can't be sure the PO didn't have it tuned

I know enough about trucks but when I bought it I was told it had a 67mm ball bearing turbo. They guy had no idea what was in it because all the work was done In a shop I had to find out about it really being a 66 by myself

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
You definitely need to get some tunes. You'll notice a big difference. There are a number of tuners out there that can get you setup and do it relatively quickly.

2005pwerstroke

Reaction score
Yeah I had one innovative tune made a while back but it was the economy one I'll get a street tune tonight thanks guys

loboost

Reaction score
I know enough about trucks but when I bought it I was told it had a 67mm ball bearing turbo. They guy had no idea what was in it because all the work was done In a shop I had to find out about it really being a 66 by myself

Do you know what shop built it? If so they may still have a record.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Do you know what shop built it? If so they may still have a record.

we did, its our t4 66/73/91 kit, I believe your the one I spoke with on the phone this week? I wasnt aware the truck wasnt tuned. Definitely try some custom tuning.

2005pwerstroke

Reaction score
haha yep talked to you earlier its running some tunes that the previous owner had bought but i believe they are from when it had the old injectors and old turbo

Latest posts

Members online