HELP Please!

sprayjock

Reaction score
Went out cranked the pickup this morning and it cranked as normal. Put it in gear and headed down the driveway and the wrench light came on and I lost throttle, the truck went to idle and the pedal will do nothing. WTF???? It still is cranking just fine and goin into gear and moving just fine I just have no throttle.

Checked codes and this is what I got
p0107 map sensor low input
p0237 boost chk low
p0000 no info
p0472 exhaust pressure low input

Anybody got any ideas???

I unplugged the throttle and plugged back in and no joy
Cleared codes, restarted and no joy..... I'm at a loss

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Not sure on the codes but you can check the tps with a multimeter. Search for tps test or something. That's probably where I would start.

sprayjock

Reaction score
Ok Ive checked all fuses, ok...

Re read codes and pulled up more than the first time.

p0107 map sensor low
p0237 turbo low
p0472 exhaust pressur low
p1000 obd test not complete
p2104 throttle actuator control system-forced idle
p2122 tpps switch d low input
p2127 tpps switch e low input
p2132 tpps switch f low input
p2138 tpps switch d/e voltage correlation
p2139 tpps switch d/f voltage correlation
p2285 icp sensor low

Somebody has got to have an idea on this! Is my throttle switch bad??

djsdiesel

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a something shorting your 5 volt ref on that circuit. Unplug the egr valve that's the only one I've had short that circuit.

If that doesn't do it you'll need a wiring diagram to see what runs off that 5 volt ref.

nvme_63

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad TPS. U need to check it before u go any further. Make sure the signal wire is showing variation in voltage, do this with a multimeter as stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprayjock

Reaction score
Would you know which color wire that is, and if I'm getting voltage then the tps is bad correct?

Sent from my Droid 2, aka my brain...

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Not sure on the wire but the tps works like a potentimeter. As throttle position increases so does the output voltage.

G Racing

Reaction score
15706608.jpg

"The APP sensor is a 3-track potentiometer that is used to calculate driver demand for power based on the rotation angle of the accelerator pedal. The sensor receives a reference voltage from the powertrain control module (PCM) and provides a variable voltage signal directly proportional to the accelerator pedal position. The PCM uses the 3 APP sensor inputs to calculate the desired fuel quantity, injection timing, and the correct injection control pressure. A concern with the APP sensor illuminates the powertrain malfunction indicator (wrench). Normal engine operation is permitted if the PCM detects a concern on one of the 3 sensor signals. If the PCM detects a concern on two of the 3 sensor signals, the PCM only allows the engine to operate at idle"

Last edited:

sprayjock

Reaction score
Thank you G racing, that is very helpful!! Thank the rest of you for your help also, I should be able to figure it out when I get back to the truck here later today, I'll keep yall posted.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Thank you G racing, that is very helpful!! Thank the rest of you for your help also, I should be able to figure it out when I get back to the truck here later today, I'll keep yall posted.

Happy to help man. That's what this place is for

sprayjock

Reaction score
Ok guys I got it goin!!!!:redspotdance: After pulling my hair out for most of the afternoon, checking wire voltages and not getting anywhere, I got on the good ole google and searched till I was ready to throw the damn thing out the window. Finally I stumbled across a thread on ford truck enthusiast where a guy had the exact same problem. A ford tech on there told him how to diagnose and where to start....... Long story short It turned out to be for me a bad connection on the ebp sensor plug.

From what I understand all your 3 wire sensors are on the same 5v reference cuircuit as the throttle pedal. Turns out djsdiesel you sir were correct, I just didnt know where to start looking.

I will post a link at the bottom to that forum so any of you interested can read it!

As always thanks to all of you for your help!!! PSA :rockon:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1061598-10-dtcs-what-do-the-codes-mean.html

Latest posts

Members online