Help! Smoke and knock at idle!

darklcdfeller

Reaction score
So the other night I was headed back on to post here in Fort Carson, Co, my truck started just pouring smoke and knocking but went away as soon as I gave it a little fuel. All of my temps seemed to be in order. I went through the gate and the gate guard says "your truck is overheating" yea it sure is, the smoke is coming out of my stacks r-tard :morons: Anyhow, I just put 190's in my truck and I kept getting a #2 cylinder contribution code. I thought it was odd but what I found more odd was the fact that the contribution code would bounce around from 1 to 2 to 4 and just all over the place. Im thinking that the injectors are just bad? I can throw my stock ones back in but that knocking is what is really bothering me. If you guys could help me out or if anyone has had a similar problem or the same and tell me what to do to fix it, that would be great!

thanks a ton guys,
Ac

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
are you sure the injectors are seated properly? make sure you got the copper washers out when you pulled the stockers

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
probably had had incorrectly torqued injectors and the copper washers didnt seal right and burnt up a o-ring or cracked a nozzle.

but just to make sure is it alot of smoke? and does the smoke burn your eyes?

windrunner408

Reaction score
Way to piss in his cheerios mate. This doesnt sound like it is going to turn out good at all.

darklcdfeller

Reaction score
hopefully thats all it is. Keep my fingers crossed. it just smelled like sooty smoke. it was grey didnt seem to burn my eyes

darklcdfeller

Reaction score
im going to pull them this weekend, gona have to have it towed over to my buddies house. would that explain the knocking noise though?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Again, can someone explain how a HEUI injector sticks open???

MorganY

Reaction score
Again, can someone explain how a HEUI injector sticks open???

I don't know the answer to that. the motor hydrolocked after we shut it off, we pulled about 1.5 table spoons of diesel fuel out of the cylinder through a straw and a syringe. The injector cup and the sealing rings looked fine. Thats where we came up with that conclusion.

907DAVE

Reaction score
If the spool valve hangs open, the plunger would bottom out....and stay there. It has no chance of refilling until HPO is relieved.

MorganY

Reaction score
If the spool valve hangs open, the plunger would bottom out....and stay there. It has no chance of refilling until HPO is relieved.

Ok, well based on the condition of the tip, it didn't cross my mind of a leaking tip. The fact that it hydrolocked after made me think it was pouring quite a bit of fuel in the cylinder, which it was when I extracted the fuel out of the cylinder. A simple explanation would have sufficed. This is a place to help people. I'm done de-railing. To the OP let us know how it goes.

darklcdfeller

Reaction score
Well guys got my injectors out and replaced. Alot of carbon build up below the first oring on the passenger bank of injectors. One of them the copper washer wasn't there... Apparently I was in too much of a hurry when I was putting my motor back together. But anyways, I got them all replaced with my stock injectors and it seems to be running like a top now. Just gotta get around to sending my 190's to get gone through...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.