Help with internals for a 800 HP build

diehardstroker

Reaction score
Alright a couple buddies and myself have been talking about going in together on a big power build. we know the 7.3 platform pretty well but when it comes to making big power, we arent really experts. I've got a parts list but really wanted your guys' opinion.

swamps 400/400's
twin terminator hpops
s468/s480 compound (need some advice with the turbos)
ARP main studs and girdle
H11 head studs
swamps stage 2 competition cylinder head w/ fire ringed head gaskets, they also incude beehive valve springs and chromoly push rods
http://swampsdiesel.com/prestashop/...1/1171-stage2-competition-73l-heads-pair.html
crower or carillo connecting rods???
BTS trans
should we consider any piston upgrades??
what sort of block filling should we do if any?

is there anything im missing? please add to it or tell me what youd do differently were very open to suggestions. thanks guys

Last edited:

04stroker

Reaction score
My main advice is don't go in together with someone to build a big power truck. Been there done that. Constantly be in arguments on who gets to drive it, who's buying what etc...

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Fill the block up to about an inch or two of deck height, rods R and R has some nice ones but all are decent, s467fmw/87x81 turbine swap, and 1.00 housing or gate the hell out of the 83x74 turbine with a 1.10 housing. Wil make a good high pressure choice, I would do with a standard v band housing, S480 is too small for 800hp. Your will need a 95 mm or larger atmosphere.

I ran 400/400's with a 75/104 compounds and according to dyno only made 630. Peak boost was about 105 psi but on dyno only loaded enough for 80psi

diehardstroker

Reaction score
IMO this is the best option for big HP..you will have just about that price into a build with no guarantee its going to run on start up.. at the very least read what they got into it for parts and time....
http://swampsdiesel.com/prestashop/...nes/832-73l-competition-race-pull-engine.html

we have considered this for the exact reason you stated...we all want to build it ourselves but its a lot of time and money and like you said, theres that chance it may not even run. vs the engine from swamps has been tested and comes with a warranty, we're still figuring this out so theres a lot of options on the table including this.

NHRX, so it would have to be stepped up to atleast a s510 i believe thats 95mm. are there any GT turbos you would recommend for the atmosphere?

swinky

Reaction score
My main advice is don't go in together with someone to build a big power truck. Been there done that. Constantly be in arguments on who gets to drive it, who's buying what etc...

This is what I'm interested in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think he has been 7.02 in the 1/8 on fuel. It has high 6s in it just need a track worth a damn to hook

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Depending on the calculator you use it says 850-950. I'm pretty sure he dynoed 840 on Rudys dyno a last year on a stock bottom end and similar setup

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online