Help with no start

02BigD

Reaction score
So, this morning started the truck and it was rougher idle than normal. Figured it was oil being tired as I am 200 miles over due for change and its always a little rough with the Gen3 in the morning. Oil is on the list for this weekend so no biggie. Truck sits at office for 6 hours, and I fire it up to warm up for me to leave. Starts right up, but rough idle again. Couple minutes later I come out and it's smooth. Ride 5 minutes home, leave it running and come out 10 minutes later all is well. Drive 4 minutes and shut it off for 5 minutes to go talk with client. Come out, no start.

Wts- yes
Tach - no movement
ICP- scan gauge says no more than 350 psi
Smoke - none
Cranking is strong

Wait 5 hours and just went up to try with the oil having cooled down and still no start with same symptoms. I am thinking cps swap in the morning...

What say you?

Thanks in advance.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
ICP is your problem. The truck won't start until you have 500psi ICP.

BTW, no tach movement while cranking does not always mean you have a CPS issue, especially on the 02 and 03 trucks. Even my 01 does not move while cranking.

8C1-E731FF6EF649-4100-0000060FF4E980B0_zps19e36547.jpg

02BigD

Reaction score
^ you are correct on both. I don't believe mine ever shows RPM's cranking now that I think about it. Changed cps, no dice. On the back of a wrecker heading to the house.

Latest posts

Members online