Help with rear brake squeal

w3bb3r04

Reaction score
Okay so I have a 2007 F250 with just over 200k miles on it. I am currently getting a pretty annoying brake squeal from the rear of the truck while it is rolling and also while lightly in the brakes. The pads look fine from what I can see and also no brake smell or redness of the rotors. The only thing that seems to help is applying the ebrake and then releasing it again. The ebrake pedal still feels firm and has tension towards the top of the pedal. Getting on the brakes hard gets rid of the sound too. When it sits it seems to get worse pulling out of a parking spot or something. (I don't leave my ebrake on).

Just needing to know what to check out. I plan on greasing the slide pins and checking for a frozen caliper but I know nothing about the ebrake systems on these trucks and if its common that something goes out in them. Thanks for the help!

si3328

Reaction score
I have an 05 and was getting a little squeal and hop when braking. Turns out it was the ebrake assembly was all broke and twisted in there. I don't have pictures but after I replaced that problem was gone.

w3bb3r04

Reaction score
I have an 05 and was getting a little squeal and hop when braking. Turns out it was the ebrake assembly was all broke and twisted in there. I don't have pictures but after I replaced that problem was gone.

Did your ebrake still work when it was twisted up in there? Mine holds like hell when its engaged but I guess it still could be messed up.

si3328

Reaction score
Yeah it seemed like it was just fine. I had no smell either. To be honest when it was like that I was still knocking down good mpg's.

w3bb3r04

Reaction score
Yeah it seemed like it was just fine. I had no smell either. To be honest when it was like that I was still knocking down good mpg's.

Okay cool. I guess I will be checking that out. What all did you replace? Does ford have an ebrake kit with all the springs and stuff?

si3328

Reaction score
Okay cool. I guess I will be checking that out. What all did you replace? Does ford have an ebrake kit with all the springs and stuff?
Yeah they do have a kit out there and it is pretty easy to replace. Took about 45 mins a side. I replaced the rotors and pads while I had it all apart.

Latest posts

Members online