Help with some issues...

si3328

Reaction score
The beef:
First off this is my first post so go easy on me. I have a 2005 F350 powerstroke with about 208k on it. The only aftermarket done to it is 4 inch exhaust and I am running IDP Xtreme Street tune. It is not studded and does not have the egr delete done yet. I have the egr delete kit in the garage just have not had time to do the work yet. Oil and filters have about 5k on them and planning to change that out at about 7k....unless I should before. I used two bottles of Rev X in the oil change.

The problem:
So, every now and then I get a rough idle. It is very sporadic. I have no codes thrown at me yet. Normally it happens when the motor is getting warm but not always (like I said, it is sporadic). Low power when taking off but seems to be fine in the higher gears. Some times it clears out after a few miles of driving. It happened to me tonight so I pulled over and shut it off. As soon as I shut it off, I put key on and started back up and was perfectly fine. I am stumped....Any ideas would be great!

si3328

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Planning on doing the oil change tomorrow afternoon. Rotella t6 5w40?

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Yes T6 is the oil you want.

Why are you running two bottles of rev x at a time?

Also because you didnt say what filters you are using. Only use Racor or motorcraft oil and fuel filters.
I would change fuel filters also just to rule out a possible clogged up filter.

Has the fuel pump ever been replaced?

Last edited:

si3328

Reaction score
I have had the truck for about 7k miles so I am not sure on the fuel pump. I ran two of the 4oz bottles because 4oz only treats about 6 quarts of oil and there is a 15 quarts of oil in the 6.0? I do run only motorcraft filters and I do run Rev X's winter +distance right now in the fuel.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.