Highway / Towing Tires

Snoop

Reaction score
2004 F250 ccsb FX4

I currently have 285/75/16 nitto terra grapplers on it that I am dissatisfied with. The reason is vibrations that I have been battling for ever. Don't get me wrong, they are an excellent snow and offroad tire. But the truth is my truck is on dry pavement 90% of the time towing at highway speeds.

I'm in the market for some new load E highway and towing tires. I started doing research online and it has been overwhelming. I have always put on A/T tires and really just want a comfortable ride for once. Maybe there are some A/T that have good highway manners?

Does anyone have any personal suggestions to point me in the right direction of what I should be looking at? First thought was Goodyear, but saw some bad reviews, then was looking at Michelin... I'm looking for highway comfort and heaving towing capability. Sponsors, if you sell any that you recommend, PM me and I can compare prices! Zip here is 60160.

Thanks

Dan

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i run pro comp extreme ATs and have had great luck with them, im looking into the toyo AT2s for the next set. It should be a while before i need tires but if i find them on sale im getting a set and storing them in the garage untill i need em.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I like my at2's. They seem good so far. Have about 1000 miles on them. Hook well on pavement and seem good so far in the snow. Need to get them in some mud and see how they like it.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

bakerc167

Reaction score
X2 on at2s 48k miles on my last set but they where completely junk by 48000.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

sootie

Reaction score
if it is highway only the michelin ltx m/s2 can't be beat

we get 70-80k on our trucks

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if it is highway only the michelin ltx m/s2 can't be beat

we get 70-80k on our trucks

whs^^^..... but these tires here had roughly 58000 on them when i took them off my dually and threw them on my rclb truck.... 285/75/16 Michelin ltx a/t2's.
9y7enu4u.jpg
e4agymuv.jpg

inner tread is deeper cut. the two outside beads are almost smooth but these have a ton of highway use left in them.. after the outside tread wears to where they are now they are not the best in the snow on a dually.. the first 50k they did great. after that is when i decided to put new tires on for winter.. on the truck they are on now, they still do ok due to it not floating much in the rear... have about 6000 miles on them since put on this truck. so creeping up on 65000 miles... oh and while on my dually, they had many smokey burnouts on them too!!!
live life full throttle

steele86

Reaction score
i have had these two a/t's that worked really good for me was bfg a/t had two 2 set got about 65k out of them and the toyo m55 the m55 are a little harder but i got 70k out the them the key is psi and tire rotation every 5k. both tire work good off road mud,snow not so much in sand

96F350KID

Reaction score
Toyo M55 last forever, freind at another shop asked me what to use on his fleet of box trucks and they've put 110k on each set and they are 1/32 from the wear bar when they pull them off. I swear by them!

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
M/S 2's or nothing IMHO. i put them on the back of my truck and i can drive in a few inches of snow like i am on wet pavement. only had them on for a couple months so i can't report on mileage of the tire. they are the best tire that money can buy if you want to haul/tow stuff(use the truck for what it was designed for) and do highway driving. they also have a 70K mile warranty IIRC. that is almost unheard of for truck tires like this. if you are more concerened about getting a quality tire to suit your needs than you are about saving a penny then you really don't need to consider anything else. i would not hesitate to put these on my truck again or on another truck/suv. they are expensive, but when it comes to tires, you get what you pay for.....................expect for goodyear, what a POS those are. Don't even get me started on those!

Latest posts

Members online